• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Obviously this is taken with a grain of salt but next winter has a decent probability of a la Nina, obviously we like to stay away from strong lol

Screenshot_20200229-132131.png

Screenshot_20200229-132429.png

Usually you get 2 ratters in a row. Would last year be considered a ratter? I know for Buf it wasn't. 2011-2013, 2015-2017, 2019-2021.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Usually you get 2 ratters in a row. Would last year be considered a ratter? I know for Buf it wasn't. 2011-2013, 2015-2017, 2019-2021.

Considering zero success with any long range products this entire winter, you’ll excuse me if I don’t buy into products predicting events 10 months away. 120 hrs made monkeys out of all the models this winter. I’m sure they’ll do much better with 7,000 hrs.....

2019/20 winter isn’t over. March hasn’t even begun. Maybe for lake effect it’s over but as I’m fond of saying, in Rochester, we see our best synoptic events in March. Something will pop up. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Next opportunity looks to be Friday into Saturday. March is always good for a surprise or two. Had 2” fresh last night. 
Im headed to the Dacks next weekend for winter fun. Hope all the snow isn’t gone! gfs-ens_z500a_us_26.png

We have a long weekend too, but I haven't made reservations because we always seem to get burned when we make winter sports plans too far ahead.

I'm still debating Daks vs. Greens vs. just stay home if it rains a few times this week then all re-freezes into glacier for next weekend without fresh snow on top.

Stay tuned I guess.....

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Gfs has the least amount of interaction from the OP Models but still does us a solid with the northern stream disturbance..

I just need 1/4" for 100", I better get it lol

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-03-01T090103.163.png

I am going to go hang out in Altmar for the rest of the winter JUST so you don't reach 100"

muwahahahaha

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I am going to go hang out in Altmar for the rest of the winter JUST so you don't reach 100"

muwahahahaha

Well... tallied up the snowfall to date...79.7"...came up just short of 80" thru end of Feb. Need another 1/4" yesterday but Matt returned to the area...

Feeling like 100" is a big stretch at this point but 90" is do-able.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Well... tallied up the totals to date...79.7"...came up just short of 80" thru end of Feb. Need another 1/4" yesterday but Matt returned to the area...

Feeling like 100" is a big stretch at this point but 90" is do-able.

Lol...in my defense, went out for dinner at Roadhouse last night in Clay and there were some heavy snow showers coming down while we were there. Came out to a fresh inch on my car and we had decent snow showers throughout the night with some additional accums.

Spoke with a couple who lives in Granby and they said they must have picked up nearly a foot yesterday. (Probably an exaggeration...but there was banding up that way.) Models had the heavier banding over Northern Onondaga, but that didn't materialize because I JUST had to come back yesterday. :P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol...in my defense, went out for dinner at Longhorn's last night in Clay and there were some heavy snow showers coming down while we were there. Came out to a fresh inch on my car and we had decent snow showers throughout the night with some additional accums.

Spoke with a couple who lives in Granby and they said they must have picked up nearly a foot yesterday. (Probably an exaggeration...but there was banding up that way.) Models had the heavier banding over Northern Onondaga, but that didn't materialize because I JUST had to come back yesterday. :P

Maybe for the 3 days but just yesterday seems like a stretch but I guess you never know..

My source for Fulton weather went up 13" since February 20th, which most if not all should be from this event.. Granted Fulton proper is in a league of it's own most years lol

http://www.tsforecast.com/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Maybe for the 3 days but just yesterday seems like a stretch but I guess you never know..

My source for Fulton weather went up 13" since February 20th, which most if not all should be from this event.. Granted Fulton proper is in a league of it's own most years lol

http://www.tsforecast.com/

I like checking out that same source. Looks like Fulton is running pretty close to you this year.