• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4

Feb 26-29 Synoptic/LES

School closings are always tough. In the city, and in Amherst here, we got roughly 2" and blowing snow is not an issue. I drove up to Lockport/Newfane area, and it quickly looks like 6+" and the open roads there are not a fun experience when gusts kick up. I'm always on the side of safety and giving kids off.

Yeah the SW that's heading our way is much stronger than 1st anticipated I guess cause I never saw it getting to the islands but lo and behold, that's where it is, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Interesting to see how far North the main band off L.O. has moved. I thought it was supposed to be working it's way south...Congrats Thousand Islands!

Many of the mesoscale models last night indicated it would lift north of Watertown for a bit ahead of the shortwave.... and a couple of them didn't have the band sweet completely through. They have it reoriented over Southern Oswego Onondaga and into Madison counties

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Hoover Beach in Hamburg 

5AAD3377-EDFE-46E7-9F63-CE93B419ECC2.jpeg

60588308-F386-4A7A-B367-CD79FD666BA2.jpeg

Nature is much better than Hollywood when it comes to special effects. As always .....

• Like 2

Here are some more from Watertown, taken earlier today. It was so much fun, and I appreciate the hospitality of all of you and the folks I met. I walked a lot today and spent a lot of time digging people out. 

0WGBcce.jpg

vTiCVeO.jpg

poH26wN.jpg

BmoWoN4.jpg

89RwdW0.jpg

Jh0Acw2.jpg

qOrNvPN.jpg

92WnNPD.jpg

• Like 6

The band over Ontario is gonna absolutely explode when the energy from the SW and the approaching front combine! I can't wait to watch the radar light up and then for Montagues radar to say, temporarily out of service, lol!

The front is now combining with the band and its already getting stronger as the radar lights up bright yellow! NWS said rates approached 3"/he with yesterday's band, well I bet they get higher with the approach of this SW! Awesome stuff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Erie's band is most likely going to get a lot stronger and consolidate into a very strong band with 1-2"/hr rates later this evening into tonight but we'll see!

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY
430 PM EST FRI FEB 28 2020

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0300 PM     SNOW             S WATERTOWN             43.97N  75.91W
02/28/2020  M31.7 INCH       JEFFERSON          NY   COCORAHS

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Kills me....to think I had a job offer there...painful!!!!!!!

I do love my job where I am at in Bville though.

You had an opportunity to live in Springville and didn’t take it? Whaaa!?!? I’m sure the weenies there thank you. Lol. It’s actually the best micro climate in my book. It’s so close to civilization and just crushes areas just 10 miles away. 
Way more realistic than living on the tug

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

You had an opportunity to live in Springville and didn’t take it? Whaaa!?!? I’m sure the weenies there thank you. Lol. It’s actually the best micro climate in my book. It’s so close to civilization and just crushes areas just 10 miles away. 
Way more realistic than living on the tug

Yep, I sure did. And...my wife was even ok with it. The job I took here was much more appealing though. We also like the realllllly easy access the Syracuse area has to many locales in the Northeast. In a normal winter, this area averages near 140 inches, so it's not like I was moving to Elmira. But...yes, you're welcome SW NYers. I saved you by moving here. :P 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Where do you think I live bro, Montague:P

Band will drop through around midnight. 

TYX_loop - 2020-02-28T184501.529.gif

I don't think shes gonna just sweep through like most are thinking cause the winds behind the front arent too strong so IMO, it'll somewhat move through but I thinks she just reorients itself out of the WNW

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Watertown/Northern Tug seems to be the only area that can get a nice event off of Lake Ontario the past couple winters.

I think we know why that is...

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I think we know why that is...

LOL

I might have to start watching my back to avoid the local weenies...ahem...from burning me at the stake.

She's gonna get hung up somewhere East of Ontario cause it looks like it stopped its Southward movement at the western end of the Lake. Now that would be funny, lol!

• Haha 1