• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 26-29 Synoptic/LES

30 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Interesting to see how far North the main band off L.O. has moved. I thought it was supposed to be working it's way south...Congrats Thousand Islands!

Many of the mesoscale models last night indicated it would lift north of Watertown for a bit ahead of the shortwave.... and a couple of them didn't have the band sweet completely through. They have it reoriented over Southern Oswego Onondaga and into Madison counties

• Like 3

The band over Ontario is gonna absolutely explode when the energy from the SW and the approaching front combine! I can't wait to watch the radar light up and then for Montagues radar to say, temporarily out of service, lol!

The front is now combining with the band and its already getting stronger as the radar lights up bright yellow! NWS said rates approached 3"/he with yesterday's band, well I bet they get higher with the approach of this SW! Awesome stuff

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Kills me....to think I had a job offer there...painful!!!!!!!

I do love my job where I am at in Bville though.

You had an opportunity to live in Springville and didn’t take it? Whaaa!?!? I’m sure the weenies there thank you. Lol. It’s actually the best micro climate in my book. It’s so close to civilization and just crushes areas just 10 miles away. 
Way more realistic than living on the tug

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

You had an opportunity to live in Springville and didn’t take it? Whaaa!?!? I’m sure the weenies there thank you. Lol. It’s actually the best micro climate in my book. It’s so close to civilization and just crushes areas just 10 miles away. 
Way more realistic than living on the tug

Yep, I sure did. And...my wife was even ok with it. The job I took here was much more appealing though. We also like the realllllly easy access the Syracuse area has to many locales in the Northeast. In a normal winter, this area averages near 140 inches, so it's not like I was moving to Elmira. But...yes, you're welcome SW NYers. I saved you by moving here. :P 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Where do you think I live bro, Montague:P

Band will drop through around midnight. 

TYX_loop - 2020-02-28T184501.529.gif

I don't think shes gonna just sweep through like most are thinking cause the winds behind the front arent too strong so IMO, it'll somewhat move through but I thinks she just reorients itself out of the WNW

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Watertown/Northern Tug seems to be the only area that can get a nice event off of Lake Ontario the past couple winters.

Don’t both Watertown and Buffalo require a flow from around 245 or 250 to get a solid LES hit? It shouldn’t be as hard to get that in Buffalo as it has been in recent years.

• Like 1