• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 26-29 Synoptic/LES

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Made it here before it got too bad, but the wind was already picking up and there’s a light accumulation so far. Here’s to hoping we all get crushed later on :weenie:

Decided to stick with Pulaski over Watertown. We’ll see how it goes but at any rate I’m expecting legitimate blizzard conditions so that itself should make the trip worth it. 

Yeah I was in Pulaski last night, was a lot of Grass showing, hopefully they covered that up for you lol

Radar is a little outdated since it's not updating but you can see the enhancement firing up..

TYX_loop - 2020-02-27T083600.266.gif

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely covered up, and about the most winter I've seen all year. I like being out here in WNY.

Shame I couldn't make Redfield work this time, but I love the adventure of the chase. So much so...I was halfway to Utica when I realized I forgot my yardstick lol. Who cares though, it's all gonna be blowing around. 

Go buy a yardstick, I want measurements! 

Blizzard conditions are verifying here. Light/Moderate snow with whiteouts, especially in open areas.

• Like 2

Honestly don't think your gonna need a Yard stick lol

It's hard to ignore what guidance is showing..

If they are correct the band stays north of us the entire time until tomorrow afternoon when it quickly sweeps by lol

The best part of this event will probably be till this afternoon with lake Enhancement..

The northern
portion of the Tug Hill on Friday morning looks likely as earlier
model guidance trended a bit north with the band and that scenario
still seems to be favored
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

If they are correct the band stays north of us the entire time until tomorrow afternoon when it quickly sweeps by lol

The best part of this event will probably be till this afternoon with lake Enhancement..

The northern

Yeah the rgem caught on early it shows wsw winds 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The northern

Your prediction of Watertown looks legit if models keep trending north.  Sad!  May not even snow most of the day tomorrow.  

Lake Erie looks like its really coming alive on IR satellite.  Perhaps as the shear decreases and the cold air deepens we can develop a nice band over Holiday Valley. I took off tomorrow so I'm going regardless at this point.  **Does snow dance in thread**

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-MI-13-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=data

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Really nasty out right now, starting to add up..

Wind direction 264° so almost due west..

IMG_20200227_101953.jpg.06d45bdfa81d517d

I’m hoping for ya Wolf. I’m also hoping on Snow Ridge. I’ll be checking in with their cam often. I’ve got nothing to offer as I’m not a LE guy. I know little about it but I’d love to see you cash in with a couple feet. 
Man, BUF has taken it on the chin with accumulation thus far. I know it’s early but those guys always freak out when a LE event comes around. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m hoping for ya Wolf. I’m also hoping on Snow Ridge. I’ll be checking in with their cam often. I’ve got nothing to offer as I’m not a LE guy. I know little about it but I’d love to see you cash in with a couple feet. 
Man, BUF has taken it on the chin with accumulation thus far. I know it’s early but those guys always freak out when a LE event comes around. 

They said 4-8" for the synoptic part of this event and were pretty much spot on. Lake effect will add another 1-2' across areas south of Buffalo. This was never a metro event. Blizzard conditions occurred this morning, but not for a continuous 3 hours, a warning would have sufficed. I like saving blizzard warnings for truly bad storms. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BUF&issuedby=BUF&product=LSR&format=CI&version=5&glossary=0

10 minutes ago, swva said:

4” so far in 5 hours.  Keep me posted on the wind direction.  12z RGEM was WAY north but still spreads enough around for 12-18”.  Come on GFS haha

It's not just the gfs either, euro and ukmet are similar with wind direction..The flow off the lake looks pretty similar to the ARW, I guess we can hope lol 

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-02-27T105346.846.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

If you like what your seeing on radar as winds veer to the WSW and this is why I wont even be watching this horrific event but bbn I hope Wolfie gets the Hammer cause he deserves it and I think you are right in the Jackpot area bro so congrats, Finally!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boy, this event makes me miss snowmobiling on the hill (I am headed back in a couple weeks - conditions permitting).

Based on wind direction alone, I'd give unnecessary body parts to be sitting in or @ Sears Pond/Montague/Carthage/Lowville for this event.  Seems like of late, southern tug ie. Redfield/pulaski/altmar areas have been the winners.  This has a true WSW component until the death band starts it pivot south tomorrow.  Cams looking pretty good right now (on the hill mind you).  Enjoy.

Nut

• Like 3