• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 26-29 Synoptic/LES

31 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Forecast was for 3-7” overnight, got about an inch. What a joke. They closed schools for this? Lmfao. This is Buffalo,NY. What a bunch of wussies society has become. Good call Dave from Roc who said this storm was gonna be weak sauce synoptically for WNY. So ready for spring it’s not even funny. 

How much snow do you have on the season ?

38 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Forecast was for 3-7” overnight, got about an inch. What a joke. They closed schools for this? Lmfao. This is Buffalo,NY. What a bunch of wussies society has become. Good call Dave from Roc who said this storm was gonna be weak sauce synoptically for WNY. So ready for spring it’s not even funny. 

You don’t have long to wait for spring......check out the temps for next week.

• Haha 1

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

About 55”. Over 2 feet below normal. Not to mention with frequent warm ups we can never hold on to a snowpack for more than a few days. This is easily the worst winter since 11-12. 

Normal is around 90 ?

I only have 3 inches here in NYC lol

The only area that is doing well is northern Maine.

20 minutes ago, swva said:

I don’t know about you guys but whether I get 3” or 3’, I could wake up to this every morning.  I’m going to enjoy every flake before spring!

That's the spirit! 

Bad timing with snow this a.m.  Drive into 'Cuse will be scurvy this morning. Not much new has fallen yet but doesn't take much to foul up traffic.

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

2" since the flip with still mod-S+ at times but it looks like its winding down so there was our whopping synoptic event now we watch a "Death Band" for hours on end across the Tri County lines of Jefferson, Lewis and Oswego city's, Good luck and Peace out!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've gotta say that when I saw some of the totals being thrown around yesterday, I was a little surprised.  This storm, like every other this year, is on the move, and with the progressive theme intact, I think its tough for the widespread totals to verify.  Of course, wrt the LES banding, there will be some winners for sure, but as that band presses south tomorrow, it really never "sets up" for anyone.  IMO, I think you can take totals and divide by 2.  Boy I hope I'm wrong, but the fetch looks more like an unmanned firehose.  

All that said, I'm still really jealous and happy for you guys.  Take what you can get in this craptastic winter.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1