• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 26-29 Synoptic/LES

34 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Jan 2014 and March 2014 featured Blizzard warnings. The only time before that was I believe the 1985 LES storm. They are extremely rare around here. 

Don’t forget that emergency one they popped for buffalo a couple years back when ground blizzards shut the airport down. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Not to jump to far ahead in time... but I’m still watching the period late Friday into early Saturday.  Not that the high res is getting into range there is a chance we could see a slight veer in the winds off Erie to just a hair south of WSW.  The NWS point and click hourly graphs we’re showing this as well.  Maybe we can sneak that band north for a few hours.  

DD82CA30-6496-443F-8BB2-1F6C0803954C.png

There is a couple fluctuations in the winds the next few days. 

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Typical BUF. A few tiny locations will get feet and everyone else will get a windy inch and BUF is gonna advertise like the entire state is having a blizzard. The synoptic looks to be a total bust. Look out REDFIELD and Springville. Everyone else, enjoy your dusting. Lol

Yeah even the local update on WIVB right now is only showing 7" for buff which this morning was a tick below 10". Looking more like a wind event.

Times like this is why Im happy GTA isnt in the snow belts and we get significantly less snow than you guys. You guys are pissed and rightfully so but some areas are going to get clobbered I think. 

I couldnt imagine how hard it would be to forecast snowsqualls for the GTA. Theres 8 million people between Hamilton-Oshawa at a distance of about 100 miles. Trying to tell 2 million people your under blizzard warnings, 2 million winter storm amounts, 2 million people nusiance snow and 2 million see nothing. The city and snow lovers on this forum would be livid haha. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Times like this is why Im happy GTA isnt in the snow belts and we get significantly less snow than you guys. You guys are pissed and rightfully so but some areas are going to get clobbered I think. 

I couldnt imagine how hard it would be to forecast snowsqualls for the GTA. Theres 8 million people between Hamilton-Oshawa at a distance of about 100 miles. Trying to tell 2 million people your under blizzard warnings, 2 million winter storm amounts, 2 million people nusiance snow and 2 million see nothing. The city and snow lovers on this forum would be livid haha. 

Ha! Very true.

These amounts posted by BUF just seem a biiiiiit over-zealous. Many of us would love to get a nice snowfall like this...but way too many disappointments this winter...especially with lake effect.

StormTotalSnow.png

17 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

The tremendous in flow into the bands warrants the blizzard warnings... it looks like they will be shifting around bit... so even if you're not completely inside the band, blizzard conditions will exist.  I think it's quite warranted.

As long as south edge of the main band sits about a mile north of Freak's place I'd say Mission Accomplished. ;)

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Typical BUF. A few tiny locations will get feet and everyone else will get a windy inch and BUF is gonna advertise like the entire state is having a blizzard. The synoptic looks to be a total bust. Look out REDFIELD and Springville. Everyone else, enjoy your dusting. Lol

Thats something I've been pondering over....banding,  and how it can be a bandit, stealing away ones snow, while burying another local.  It seems that the flow will vacillate a bit friday evening, but I could see what you (and some models) suggest happening.

If i were taking the sled up to the hill, I'd be looking at Montague to Redfield as well....but I'm also not convinced that the larger scale synoptic event happens for "everyone".  

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Im checkin in from the "next state down".

I'm pulling for FEET for everyone up there.  We are living vicariously through you all.

What a suck ass winter down here.

No question. Running at roughly 25-30" which is less than 1/2 the normal averages. March could give that big storm but unless Pi Day happens again we will finish well below regardless.

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Textbook of all textbooks for Ontario  3-5" per :wub:

nam3km_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_34.png

Could we be talking about a dare I say it... Death Band off Ontario?  
NAM looks even a little further north to start right into metro Watertown.

On the positive for us the newest run flips WNY into snow a little earlier again and puts us back around 6”ish in BUF.