• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Leap Days Clipper Parade: February 26th-29th 2020

John1122

Looks like round 2 is rain in western and middle valley areas. Looks like temps are close to 50 in Nashville. seems to be mid 30s to 40ish over on this side of the state.  35.6 imby with mostly clear skies. 

Yeah I’m just under 38. I think the mix in the valley will be around I40 and south. Even in Knox Co I think if someone gets under a convective burst it could lay on the back roads.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

@Shocker0 probably already has 1/2" again. 

Lol, I didn't even realize it was snowing again until I saw your message. It's coming down pretty good right now but mainly on the cars. It's 35 degrees here too. I am actually about to leave for Johnson City in the next hour and won't be back until Sunday so I will miss most of it. Hopefully you'll get some to stick tonight with the nighttime snow and colder temps moving in!

Just dropped to 34 actually as it gets heavier. Hopefully it won't get bad on the roads when we head out here shortly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Man I think the Crab Orchard mts just kill me with SW - NE moving precip. They don't look like much on a map (for those not on the plateau, I'm sure you are familiar Shcoker,) but I am in their shadow (sorry weird symbol is my area):

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 7.38.43 PM

Here's how they look from I-40

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 7.41.29 PM

Yeah I'm definitely familiar with them. I'd say that would have a lot to do with it. It doesn't usually snow as much in Crab Orchard as other parts of Cumberland County though either, but I think the elevation is a tad lower there as well. Another thing I've noticed is it seems like the further west you are on the Plateau, the more snow you get at least in these types of events. It's almost like it just smacks into the Plateau and then weakens as it covers the rest of the plateau, similar to what you're saying. The contrast from Cookeville to Monterey (10ish miles apart) is always striking. I am amazed that they are all the same school district because accumulating snow is rare in Cookeville while it can hammer Monterey, but the entire county gets out of school for it regardless.

Side Note: I used to live in Deer Lodge!

• Like 1

Just now, Holston_River_Rambler said:

well maybe for those unlucky at lower elevation, I suspect for whoever it hits on the plateau and especially Western NC, it won't be

Wet snow falling here now

Oh yeah true, hopefully it will make it this far though. And awesome, it has slowed down here but we're about to head east anyway so maybe we can drag it over your way lol.

• Thanks 1

MRX said that the main precip would move over the Northern Plateau 11pm to 3am and work through far eastern areas 7am to 10am.  Gonna hold out some hope it actually does develop more than a passing shower. The precip type in the grids was way off. Said rain here until 11pm, then rain and snow til midnight, then all snow after midnight.  There's been no rain, just not much precip in general. 

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic