• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Leap Days Clipper Parade: February 26th-29th 2020

John1122

A series of clippers looks likely, they are notoriously fickle in the area. Earlier the Saturday clipper was showing up for West Tennessee but now looks like it's shifted east. 

As always the higher up the better.  I wouldn't be shocked to see the Smokies end up with over a foot when it's all said and done. The Plateau could get a few inches as well. Crossville to my area seems to be in the 1-3 inch range through Saturday. As always it will depend on timing and surface temps. Night would be much better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hoping to see a few flurries or snow showers over here in northwest middle  tn with these clippers. I have a feeling this may be the last good chance to see much snow flying the way it looks right now. Would love to at least get one more dusting before winter totally is gone. It hasn't been a good year for much of anybody, but east tn has done better than west or middle this year for sure. If I can't get any I hope the eastern part of the state can cash in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John1122 said:

There's a possibility of convective snow showers with these disturbances. If you get under one you can see very heavy snow and strong wind for brief periods of time.  The GFS advertises some flakes basically statewide. 

The NAM soundings are supportive of that for Wednesday night/ Thursday morning. Steep low level lapse rates as 850mb temps drop to below -10C by Thursday morning. Those are always fun if you can get under one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Mr Bob pinned this topic

We only have a dusting here, but I think I have a little better understanding of the upslope snow events tonight. Southwest of me five miles in Pleasant Hill everything is white including the roadways, which explains the "deteriorating road conditions" they were talking about here. The snow was noticeably heavier when climbing small hills even.

Snowpleasanthill.mp4

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic