Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Disco

CAPE

57 minutes ago, Ji said:

our first legit snow threat all winter and nobdy is posting on it

I think because even on good runs it’s only 1-2” (if that) for most. I don’t think at this point anyone cares about 1-2”. But if we get a run that shows 6”+ across guidance I bet this thread lights up quick. 

There is a slight chance the wave juices up some as we get closer but the flow is de-amplified in the east.  Cold is only one part of the equation. 

19 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I think because even on good runs it’s only 1-2” (if that) for most. I don’t think at this point anyone cares about 1-2”. But if we get a run that shows 6”+ across guidance I bet this thread lights up quick. 

There is a slight chance the wave juices up some as we get closer but the flow is de-amplified in the east.  Cold is only one part of the equation. 

when your season total is 0---i would care about 1-2

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, CentralVaNATS said:

Why track if you made your peace already? Just move on

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just something I enjoy even if it produces no tangible result which is what I’ve made my peace with. If I only tracked events with real potential I’d hardly ever track. 

24 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Dead Jim?

Not really.  It’s still there as a possibility. But even a best case scenario it’s weak sauce. Whatever ejects out west is crashing into a huge ridge and de amplifying.  Could a slightly stronger wave lead to a mini thump...maybe but the whole setup was and is rather limited for anything more than conversation flakes. 

I’m completely swamped at work so haven’t been able to analyze or post much. This is by far the busiest time of year for me. The month before spring break is when everyone decides yearly stuff needs to get done and every deadline hits. 

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The bolded is what I'm tracking.  It certainly could moisten up once we get in the short range . I agree with the limit of impact.  I do think if we can get a modest slug to move in maybe a 1-2" type event is possible.  Most could care less unless its wsw material but snow is snow to me and it's still winter after all .

yeah but for the usuals...you, PSU and Mappy etc. For ~70% of us theres virtually no shot at that

27 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The bolded is what I'm tracking.  It certainly could moisten up once we get in the short range . I agree with the limit of impact.  I do think if we can get a modest slug to move in maybe a 1-2" type event is possible.  Most could care less unless its wsw material but snow is snow to me and it's still winter after all .

Maybe but the flat west to east flow is a problem. By the time the wave gets gets there is very little reflection left to turn the wind trajectory so we are left with WAA being offset by downsloping. 

23 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Track it. Its gonna evolve to a 6 inch snow all across guidance.

• Haha 1

• H2O unpinned this topic