Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Disco

CAPE

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just looked at the 12z Gefs and there is a signal for a possible sw getting south of  us and even cutting off centered on day 7 . Not a big signal but it's there. 

Cutoff lows can be fun. The later we get the more elevation dependent they become. There was one in April of 1987 that dumped 30” inches on us down in swva. It literally snowed for 4 days.

• Weenie 3

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Just looked at the 12z Gefs and there is a signal for a possible sw getting south of  us and even cutting off centered on day 7 . Not a big signal but it's there. 

Again with the GEFS...lol The few times the GFS or GEFS shows a morsel of hope the Euro/Eps comes in and says "Nope!"

11 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Cutoff lows can be fun. The later we get the more elevation dependent they become. There was one in April of 1987 that dumped 30” inches on us down in swva. It literally snowed for 4 days.

This.

I have been sayin this all winter, The Washington DC Metropolitan Region will get shellacked by snow this low sun season.

This is when it will happen, and it will be one to remember. You will be telling your grandkids about it.

It will be highly anomalous and it will absolutely destroy the DC Region with snow. It will be a total assault.

At the same exact time where I am, in Austin, TX, it will be 88 degrees with 68 dewpoints. I will love it, because I will go thru any hot humid weather so that DC can have tremendous anomalous snows and cold. I love DC so damned much, I'd happily go thru 105 degrees and 84 degree dewpoints in March here in Austin so that DC can have a once in 10000 year snow and cold! I would go thru ANYTHING for you guys in DC! I spent 55 years in that region!

You can take this one directly to the bank. Get those Jebman Shovels ready. Whatever it is that you drink to stay awake, you better stock up, because you are all gonna be doing some major-league model tracking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I'll let the speculators discuss the wintry mischief at the end of the 12Z euro. ;)

HP placement looks good. CAD is good.  Surface LP over Smokies is decent . QP looks too rich.

It will vanish at 00z.

4 minutes ago, Ji said:
22 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:
Remember: the only time the euro is wrong is ...

192 hours out may be the closest the op euro has gotten us to a snowstorm

I am sure the way we are destined to end this pathetic winter is with a mid March MECS. Not.

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Ji said:
29 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:
Remember: the only time the euro is wrong is ...

192 hours out may be the closest the op euro has gotten us to a snowstorm

The Euro has been doing this fantasy snowstorm thing at day 8-10 since late November. The GFS has been even worse with it’s utterly severe cold bias in the long range 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:
I am sure the way we are destined to end this pathetic winter is with a mid March MECS. Not.

It happened in 11/12 right?

Did it? I dunno. If it did, it probably sucked here. Drawing a blank on that one. I remember the huge March 2013 bust tho.

original.jpg

• H2O unpinned this topic