Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Disco

CAPE

5 hours ago, Weather Will said:

WB 0Z EURO says what storm???

As advertised, the wave timing is all out of sync in a progressive flow. The southern stream shortwave dampens as it slides east in the wake of the exiting midweek wave, while the NS UL energy dropping in behind is too late. Has the looks of a big fish storm on the latest runs, that might get captured in time to crush the Eastern Canada Provinces.

3 hours ago, Weather Will said:

6Z EPS also says what storm?  Stays south and east.

I doubt we get anything BUT your looking at the wrong thing. The initial SS wave is going to slide out south. Even if it did come up it’s not cold enough without the NS anyways. It’s the NS system diving in a day later that “could” phase and spark redevelopment along the coast. That’s the thing to watch.  It’s very low probability but it’s a better chance than that SS wave. 

6 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I think we are all looking at the wrong thing.  Outside doing yard work.

Lol. I doubt anyone is waiting with baited breath for each run. But even in this crap year it’s still possible to fluke into some kind of frozen event in the next 4 weeks. It’s not likely and even if it happens it’s likely a minor event but for some it’s still worth a quick glance once in a while. 

• Like 1

Too nice out for staring at weather models when we have incredible persistence and know the outcome.

Been outside pulling up chickweed in my mulch areas. Kinda therapeutic until you realize its just another losing battle with nature lol. So many weeds out so early.

32 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Too nice out for staring at weather models when we have incredible persistence and know the outcome.

Been outside pulling up chickweed in my mulch areas. Kinda therapeutic until you realize its just another losing battle with nature lol. So many weeds out so early.

Agreed, gaining sun fast and next week DST starts, also get some sun and vit D 3 conversion going on which is proven to increase  your resistance to viruses  and strengthens  your immune system, and a natural anti depressant too!   

I have given up on snow weeks ago.  I still look every few days at the models but expect nothing and so far nothing it has been.  

On a long term note of interest,  these bad winters have happened before and we will bounce back in the next few years.   

• Like 1

Speculations can be made, and not sure myself the causes here as referenced by Maue beyond lagged effects and warm oceans,  but this trend along with the lack of a strong Nino  is a bit concerning.

This itself is remarkable as well. 

The biggest (quite possibly the only) impact for next weekend will beeee....yup, you guessed it- wind.

Unless there are some serious;y big changes in the current guidance(sorry CMC, you are still third string), this is going to be some showers followed by a big ol fish storm. Outside chance eastern NE gets a decent hit. Oh joy.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, frd said:

Speculations can be made, and not sure myself the causes here as referenced by Maue beyond lagged effects and warm oceans,  but this trend along with the lack of a strong Nino  is a bit concerning.

This itself is remarkable as well. 

Yeah, but Helsinki isn’t Carroll County.

ICON has trended positively its last three runs for the Friday threat. It has been the most disjointed over the last 24 hrs. Now develops a coastal and get's snow into interior new England. 

Through 72 hrs on 0z GFS SS system is slightly further north/west while NS is further south. 

IMO we want the SS to slow down in order for the northern stream to catch it, phase and pull it up the coast before going out to sea. 

• H2O unpinned this topic