• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Probably time for an April thread. March has seemed to drag on forever.

Looks like we just need to get through the ULL garbage this week and maybe we get some baby step improvements beyond this weekend. At least we seem to be done with the really cold nights.

I'd start that thread but in my own proclivity for harsh lament over the dreaded month of April in New England, I wouldn't have anything other than hate for God to say so ... I can only butcher Samuel Clemens, a.k.a. 'Mark Twain''s bemusement:  "the worst winter I ever experienced was "April" in New England"  ... his version '..was a summer San Francisco' but it works -

Drove thru moderate snow- lovely parachutes - for the 1st half of my homeward commute yesterday afternoon, with rate decreasing from Belgrade Village northward as my area was on the western edge of that inverted trough.  Measured an inch of 11:1 fluff but saw 3"+ near the Augusta-Sidney line.  A "no-fault" event, sugared up the trees nicely while little or no stuck on roads.  (Unfortunately our gravel road had the previous day's white concrete  plowed, with a pickup rather than the bigger unit so the grader effect was less, but stuff cascading from both ends of the narrower plow left foot-high snow chunks (rock solid this morning)  in the travel portion.

March, like the rest of the winter, sans December, verified milder than anticipated with less snow.

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2020/04/march-verification.html

This is all due to the fact that it took blocking about 2-4 weeks longer than anticipated to develop later in the season.

The RNA was very well forecast.

I will write more in depth about the seasonal verification this spring, but the snowfall outlook was heavily flawed once again due to forecasting error in within the polar domain.

Slightly better than last season's effort.

• Like 1