Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Greening and growing at 1k in the woods but apparently Chernobyl conditions along the E shore in burbs of BOS

04g5XKy.jpgUgqjtN1.jpg

If not tomorrow, that forsythia will probably bloom on Tuesday or Wednesday when the skies clear.  Mine are slightly behind that but you run warmer than I do on average.  2012 bloomed on March 24th so you're running about a 7-8 days later than 2012.   April 18th is the average date since 2002.

3 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

If not tomorrow, that forsythia will probably bloom on Tuesday or Wednesday when the skies clear.  Mine are slightly behind that but you run warmer than I do on average.  2012 bloomed on March 24th so you're running about a 7-8 days later than 2012.   April 18th is the average date since 2002.

Well I don’t run Warmer than you for highs. a few colder. Nighttime typically I agree other than CAA

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, MetHerb said:

His probably was in bloom until he butchered it. :lol: 

BTW, yesterday was the anniversary of a sick nor’easter. Blue hills gusted to over 100 mph and the interior got buried with over 20” in ORH county. Even eastern areas had TSSN.  As a side note, it ripped a plume of Tippy Sonoran heat and got Brownsville TX to 106 the day prior. It probably helped fuel it. There was also a major tornado outbreak in the Carolinas. The 80s sucked for winters overall, but there were notable late season storms. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

BTW, yesterday was the anniversary of a sick nor’easter. Blue hills gusted to over 100 mph and the interior got buried with over 20” in ORH county. Even eastern areas had TSSN.  As a side note, it ripped a plume of Tippy Sonoran heat and got Brownsville TX to 106 the day prior. It probably helped fuel it. There was also a major tornado outbreak in the Carolinas. The 80s sucked for winters overall, but there were notable late season storms. 

1984?

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

That's awesome, I'd never read about that one.

For some of you older weather watchers... what the hell is a "stockman's advisory"?  Has to do with livestock?

Stockman's advisories for cold rain, snow and blustery winds were issued for parts of Utah, Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's awesome, I'd never read about that one.

For some of you older weather watchers... what the hell is a "stockman's advisory"?  Has to do with livestock?

Stockman's advisories for cold rain, snow and blustery winds were issued for parts of Utah, Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska.

Yep

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Typical late March/early Napril weather. Sounds great to me.  beats freezing cold, cutter, freezing cold etc. winter crap. we'll be ripping up 60's and 70's soon enough

Typical = gross.      Give me COC or give me snow.       At least this rain is giving temporary relief to my allergies

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkO said:

37.8/33. I can see the cloud deck, so I assume it's falling as rain, but it's likely snowing down to about 2000' on MWN based on their temperature profile. Unfortunately the base lodge cam at Wildcat is down.

Nah...the sounding's probably thermally straight up to 700 mb... 37 putrid butt-bangin' hell -

It's amazing leaf out ever happens in this hemispheric scaled, meat-locker tuck geography called New England