Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Just now, weathafella said:

I don’t think so given the fact that coastal locations-especially east facing fall victim to onshore winds which has happened enough to account for those differences.  Will..Scott...anyone?

I think Will and Scott have briefly mentioned that it does seem to be running low now but your point is very valid 

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I don’t think so given the fact that coastal locations-especially east facing fall victim to onshore winds which has happened enough to account for those differences.  Will..Scott...anyone?

But it is +4.7F compared to its typical temp which takes into account it being on the coast etc.   

Its off again but too cool

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

BOS should def be cooler than the others given the type of pattern this month, but it doesn’t account for all of it. Looks like it could be running a degree or so too cold. 

We still have a small sample of the new readings on MADIS so we’ll see where it settles over the next several months. 

61A9957A-F9D9-4C96-A8E4-A605AF01F658.png

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

No my point is being missed!  I misery mist Boston 44 spring day can often be 59 and ok at ORH.

Yeah, but BOS has always dealt with seabreeze and that is weighed into their #'s. Perhaps not 100% apples to apples since wasn't always sited at logan, was it slightly inland years ago?  but generally.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Yeah, but BOS has always dealt with seabreeze and that is weighed into their #'s. Perhaps not 100% apples to apples since wasn't always sited at logan, was it slightly inland years ago?  but generally.

Again,,,point missed.  With its microclimate it may well have lower positive departures vs other big 4 locations due to ocean.  It isn’t unusual that they would show the difference.  The question is whether or not the difference is too much...

Just now, weathafella said:

Again,,,point missed.  With its microclimate it may well have lower positive departures vs other big 4 locations due to ocean.  It isn’t unusual that they would show the difference.  The question is whether or not the difference is too much...

It has been going on for at least a month though.  I see your point though maybe it’s microclimate is feeling something the others aren’t.  

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I’m so confused right now :lol: 

1. BOS departures should probably less less than the other more interior stations given how cool BOS was during those torch days earlier this month. 

2. Despite the above, it doesn’t make up for it. According to MADIS they still might be running about a degree too cold. 

We will see where it settles in the next couple months. We have a small sample right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

1. BOS departures should probably less less than the other more interior stations given how cool BOS was during those torch days earlier this month. 

2. Despite the above, it doesn’t make up for it. According to MADIS they still might be running about a degree too cold. 

We will see where it settles in the next couple months. We have a small sample right now. 

Thanks! This clarifies things a bit. I was getting lost in the discussion haha