• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Beautiful day up here for a walk and ski.

Got some freezing rain and rime last night up high, didn't look like it ever flipped to snow, just a light glaze of drizzle/cloud droplets.

Valley fields are pretty brown now with today's warm sun though snow still lurking in the woods even down in town.

March27.thumb.jpg.04f3ebbd8ca9ecd6bf39eb76b49e6563.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s everywhere. It’s just admitting it 

I get a lot of sun. If I had a lot of woods or more sheltered, it would look more like winter. My folks always comment how we are so far ahead of them. Sun ftw. Except when dealing with snowpack, ftl. I don’t radiate either so what is 29 in sheltered areas is like 35 here. 

Lawn near the house is greening up. Comfrey and some of the ornamental grass is coming up in front of the coop. Forsythia is swelling up. Still a few snow piles here and there, but the ground is thawed. We had like 30” on the ground this time in 2008. 

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, point taken, it’s all about frame of reference. 

He moves the goalposts well. Look at the original post:

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So much in bloom. Lawns all bursting green. All forsythia out , lilacs and many shuns and all woody underbrush all with tiny green leaves. Let’s see who in SNE disagrees , cuz it’s everywhere 

Now somehow a bit of green showing up on my grass with everything else still completely brown verifies that description. Clearly all that other stuff is not “everywhere”. It’s in some places.

It’s kind of like when he’s pimping 8-12” of snow and everyone else is saying 4-8”...he will see one or two lollis of 8-9” and say “AWT” even though most people still had less than 8”. 

45 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Lawn near the house is greening up. Comfrey and some of the ornamental grass is coming up in front of the coop. Forsythia is swelling up. Still a few snow piles here and there, but the ground is thawed. We had like 30” on the ground this time in 2008. 

Any bamboo chutes?

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So much in bloom. Lawns all bursting green. All forsythia out , lilacs and many shuns and all woody underbrush all with tiny green leaves. Let’s see who in SNE disagrees , cuz it’s everywhere 

My lawn is pretty much "au natural". I'll spread grub-ex if necessary, and re-seed dead patches. There's definitely some greening up of the grass happening, and the crocuses are popping up. Couple more weeks before I declare that there's a lot blooming and greening up. I'm willing to bet that there are some lawns in SNE that are much more meticulously maintained than mine that are very green.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We wrong. Every other model is laughably far south it’s hard to even envision a scenario where that solution would verify

Probably. but fun to look at.  That trough for the next 10-14 days will probably try to generate multiple low chances at some point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahh spring!

Increasing cloud cover today as a warm front lifts in from the Great
Lakes region. Rain will spread in from southwest to northeast
late this afternoon and tonight. Rain will continue Sunday into
Sunday evening as a secondary low develops just south of the
region. Scattered showers are expected Monday and may even
linger into part of Tuesday with cool temperatures and an
abundance of clouds. A potential coastal storm may bring some
rain or wet snow in the Wednesday through Friday time frame, but
the system may also track far enough offshore for little if any
impact.

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I'm still looking at rotting patches of snow from my living room.  Nothing even thinking about growing yet.

Pack will drop below 10" today after 82 consecutive days in double digits.  Average run is 74 days, median 77.  Tuesday's snow is gone but 10" of 2:1 crust melts a lot more slowly.  South facing slopes in hardwoods have bare patches, aspens just need a couple more days in the 50s to break bud and extend the male catkins.  May be a week or more after today before another 50 shows up.

I’ve never seen vegetation like  this so early. 

We're 10-14 days behind 2010, which set the standard here for early spring awakening.  Also 10-14 days ahead of last year's cold spring.

Edit:  WS watch posted for Maine mts, might get a sloppy 2" here tomorrow night. 

33 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Pack will drop below 10" today after 82 consecutive days in double digits.  Average run is 74 days, median 77.  Tuesday's snow is gone but 10" of 2:1 crust melts a lot more slowly.  South facing slopes in hardwoods have bare patches, aspens just need a couple more days in the 50s to break bud and extend the male catkins.  May be a week or more after today before another 50 shows up.

I’ve never seen vegetation like  this so early. 

We're 10-14 days behind 2010, which set the standard here for early spring awakening.  Also 10-14 days ahead of last year's cold spring.

Edit:  WS watch posted for Maine mts, might get a sloppy 2" here tomorrow night. 

GYX and CAR banging the drum a bit, Maybe a sloppy 1” or so here.

image.thumb.png.e5788471853d83b9af8ee19b6e728d62.png

• Sad 2