Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Definitely  a legit shot at snow a week from now.. Euro is close. Ukie would be snow if it went out 6 more hours to get precip in here.. The CMC. Icon. Hmmm

If you extrapolate the 84 hour NAM out a few days, looks like that would be snow as well

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Definitely  a legit shot at snow a week from now.. Euro is close. Ukie would be snow if it went out 6 more hours to get precip in here.. The CMC. Icon. Hmmm

Not sure what your referring to? Next Friday? Nothing mentioned for then? I know it's gonna get cold next Sunday though.

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

What model is showing that?

You should share that model with the National Weather Service because they're not seeing it.

LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY/...
Highlights...

* Period of showers Tue, perhaps beginning as a brief period of
  light snow/ice across parts of the interior high terrain

* Dry and seasonably chilly on Wed

* Period or two of mainly rain likely sometime Thu night into Fri

14 minutes ago, kdxken said:

You should share that model with the National Weather Service because they're not seeing it.

LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY/...
Highlights...

* Period of showers Tue, perhaps beginning as a brief period of
  light snow/ice across parts of the interior high terrain

* Dry and seasonably chilly on Wed

* Period or two of mainly rain likely sometime Thu night into Fri

We’ll see won’t we

18 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Amazing how green things are getting and what is growing. Even here forsythia are about to pop and already have in valley. Crazy early for all this. Ginx wants pics he got em

My forsythia are certainly not about to pop.  The cooler weather the next few days will slow that process.  I commented the other day that I saw a single forsythia in full bloom but other forsythia's on the same street didn't even have buds, just like mine.  I think those are different cultivars.  I'm still planning on going by the same forsythia bushes that I've been using for nearly 20 years to keep things relative and they are not about to pop.

12 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Kevin considers full leaf out when the tips of the leaf are about 1mm out of it's bud on one tree so that could happen in March!

One of the issues with leaf out monitoring is there is not a universal definition of what constitutes full leaf out. I’ve seen people claim that when the first leaf structures are visible bursting out of the buds. Another is the leaf is out of the BUF but it’s clearly not full sized yet. And other times I’ve seen it as defined when the leaf is out and at or close to mature size. 

This is true in the literature too. You can find different definitions. 

Everything is stupid early. 2012 went apeshit with vegetation from here on out. If we had several days of 65-75 I think we’d be right there. I’m noticing even magnolia buds are swelling and turning color. Ridiculous. I think the warmer ground due to lack of cold temps are starting to accelerate vegetation. We have not had cold nights at all.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Everything is stupid early. 2012 went apeshit with vegetation from here on out. If we had several days of 65-75 I think we’d be right there. I’m noticing even magnolia buds are swelling and turning color. Ridiculous. I think the warmer ground due to lack of cold temps are starting to accelerate vegetation. We have not had cold nights at all.

The peepers were out full volume here last night. I don’t ever remember them being out this early.  Hard to believe it’s only the 2nd week of March

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Heard them all week during early AM runs. Summery feel and vibe

That for sure, but also somewhat disturbing. Going on three months in a row of 5+ above normal temperatures is a little disconcerting. This is the first winter I've ever recorded that the temperature didn't drop below 5° and will be only the second in almost 100 years that doesn't happen in the HV. I have a streak of 12 winters in a row below 0° which will obviously come to an end.

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is the point in the month when 2012 went mega torch. The 18th-22nd had the absurd run of 80s. I think well fall behind 2012, this week doesnt look ideal for advancing budding. 

3 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

That for sure, but also somewhat disturbing. Going on three months in a row of 5+ above normal temperatures is a little disconcerting. This is the first winter I've ever recorded that the temperature didn't drop below 5° and will be only the second in almost 100 years that doesn't happen in the HV. I have a streak of 12 winters in a row below 0° which will obviously come to an end.

Yeah unfortunately it’s the world we are now living in as the climate zones are moving north 

• Like 2