Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Oh man is it glorious. 

57/24 and full sunshine.  Snowpack slowly going.  The dryness seems to keep it from going full mush right now as it has been freezing up hard at night.

Yesterday we did 46/11.  That's prime spring right there.  Very cold lows near 10F and a high of 45-50F.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m at home today. Saw a paper wasp outside

My brother's girlfriend posted the other day she saw wasps too. Hell, I even saw a spider in the bathroom the other day for the first time in months. I was actually getting concerned b/c when I moved to Windsor Locks I was finding like 2-3 spiders in the bathroom per week for the first few months. Even had a MASSIVE run run across my bedroom floor. Pounced on that like a wig on Kevin's head...didn't even see what type it was. One time I was on the toilet about to rip off some toilet paper AND THERE WAS A SPIDER ON THE TOILET PAPER...WTF

18 hours ago, mreaves said:

Some spots here and there but good for the most part. Probably should have gone today too but so be it. Had a good but short season. The pic below is just north of my place. I wish I had taken it with the phone in the right position!

FE8B3BE0-7554-424A-B5F8-19C356EA62DC.jpeg

If you took it with an iPhone click on it in albums, hit edit on the top right, and then and the bottom left there will be a little button that lets you rotate it.

70 degrees out here! Swapped out the snowboard in the car with the golf clubs. Hoping I can get out early enough from work for a quick 9. 

Yeesh... 

Well, we spoke about MOS bustin' too cold in the extended with this look today and tomorrow and well... bingo - 

74 on enough back yard stations to argue that balm over thorougfares and parking lots is real and it's 70+ ... 

Looking at the NAM thermal plumb, it almost looks like we go back to 60 F now in that post cold front mid week, too...  It's March, and we shed obscenity for just above normal - okay...

Look at the Euro and GGEM's extended from 00z and 12Z ... I get the impression that the -EPO in the foreground is real, but the seasonal change/modulation is fighting it...and that it may settle into a trough west/ridge east at first like normal...but then said modulation just sort of peters out before pan-systemic cold can do much after...  Normally, in the winter, a strong -EPO decays into a +PNA ridge... This is not winter though...not really when your nearing equinotical sun angles..  Also, the +PNA could be 'west-based' like the Euro... Basically, the -EPO causes a warm up/ridge in the east, then, ...decays...into a milder version of the same ridge ... It seems the longer operational runs are trying to do that.   

I've never seen this ... every plausible dimension of means to get colder is just being deconstructed by the modeling..  fascinating...