Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

15 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Okay you know everything

How many times are you going to keep doing this? Like this literally has to be the 20th time since November that you’ve hyped an obvious non event as being a snowstorm for NYC and they have all turned into total fails. How much snow has NYC seen up to today, total, since November?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing but warmth ahead. This easily goes down as 2nd warmest Morch on record with that look on all ensembles 

I'll take the under - AN temps but comfortably below 2010 and 2012.  More meh than super torch, and for DJF, "meh" has been the name of wx around here - why not one more?  Beats ratter, but not by much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ides of March have been showing up the past couple runs. Good scooter high sprawling in from the Canadian parties on that one. 

Yeah and it seems these GFS runs are more responsive to the -EPO than the opposing signal I was mentioning earlier, re the tandem -PNA/+NAO, which is interesting.. The Euro too -

It should be noted that the EPO and PNA are negatively correlated, so the -EPO ( I had forgotten this when I made my statement earlier..) has some tele support.  It's really the MJO that's out out of sorts with this N-Pac arc.  But, you know ...in fairness, I've always believed that the MJO is very circumstantially significant ...as in a destructive or constructive modifier and not a pattern drive - so... upon  further thought, I may be willing to change my stance on the mid month time frame, as ( also ) that pattern relaxation is still prevalent.  I need to see the EPO hold ground in the next couple of nights.  

Also, it's hard to nail down a time frame for specific events off just the EPO cold load. That's like a 4 to 6 day stint of favorability, and role the dice on whether the Pac squirts a wave or two underneath... blah blah preaching to the quire, am aware -

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

How many times are you going to keep doing this? Like this literally has to be the 20th time since November that you’ve hyped an obvious non event as being a snowstorm for NYC and they have all turned into total fails. How much snow has NYC seen up to today, total, since November?

No it’s more like 20 times a month he can find a storm on an OP run somewhere in the 240 to 360 hour range.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

We are reaching record highs in more ways than one...I have never seen so much wx related angst and despair in my life, as 2020. A great psych case study and no one really needs to troll either

imagine if we had the power of the internet, social media and weather forums like we did in 2001-2002

It woulnd't be toaster bath or cliff jumping it would be a stiraght .38 to the head.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

imagine if we had the power of the internet, social media and weather forums like we did in 2001-2002

It woulnd't be toaster bath or cliff jumping it would be a stiraght .38 to the head.

We did have it. We were all losing it on WWBB. lol

• Haha 1