Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

9 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I think it may be fake. Where is the damage to the apt building if that happened? It was an EF3 so it would mean that the car couldn't have come from far away. I don't see damage showing something that corresponds to a car lifted into the 3rd floor. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it may be fake. Where is the damage to the apt building if that happened? It was an EF3 so it would mean that the car couldn't have come from far away. I don't see damage showing something that corresponds to a car lifted into the 3rd floor. 

At least EF3, there are clear DIs of at least EF4 (largely Cookeville) but due to time constraints they're going to likely have to come back to finish the survey tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

it looks like a mini cooper...a musclehead could throw that through a bldg

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

It is kinda hard seeing that being real...though obviously stranger things have happened. However, the force of the winds to drive the car that high (though maybe there is a parking garage across the way...think the article mentions that?) would have had to be quite impressive at that location...impressive enough to where there would have likely been significant structural damage (like Scott said)...or at least significant roof damage...there is only a bit of roof damage.

Also, look at that railing...are you telling me the car JUST missed the railing and the railing is not broken? Plus looking closer...it doesn't even look like the car goes into the building at all

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It is kinda hard seeing that being real...though obviously stranger things have happened. However, the force of the winds to drive the car that high (though maybe there is a parking garage across the way...think the article mentions that?) would have had to be quite impressive at that location...impressive enough to where there would have likely been significant structural damage (like Scott said)...or at least significant roof damage...there is only a bit of roof damage.

Also, look at that railing...are you telling me the car JUST missed the railing and the railing is not broken? Plus looking closer...it doesn't even look like the car goes into the building at all

I read there is a parking level on the 3rd floor on the other side of the building and it might have just rolled back.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Either fake or it's a car on the other side of the building in the parking lot. The view through the open space makes it look like it's in the foreground on the 3rd floor.