Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

CMC isn’t bad.... good event SE Mass and crushes Jimmy 

That GGEM/CMC run reminds me of the March 26, 2014 blizzard.  Very similar track if I recall, correctly?  Wasn't much impact outside the Cape in the 2014 storm...but there's more substantial effects for SE Massachusetts, on that particular run, verbatim.

Edit: There's still time for a favorable outcome, but the 00z trends on the GFS certainly weren't an encouraging sign! 

12 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

That GGEM/CMC run reminds me of the March 26, 2014 blizzard.  Very similar track if I recall, correctly?  Wasn't much impact outside the Cape in the 2014 storm...but there's more substantial effects for SE Massachusetts, on that particular run, verbatim.    

God, I hated that non event...I had just lost my dad and was looking for a distration....that storm wasn't it.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

God, I hated that non event...I had just lost my dad and was looking for a distration....that storm wasn't it.

First and foremost, I'm so terribly sorry to hear about you having to endure the loss of your dad, Ray! :(

Even on the Cape, it verified with far less snow totals than guidance was suggesting, right up to go time.  

It may be false hope, but at least the models are giving us a legitimate reason to hold onto that "hope"...just a little bit longer.  

I desperately miss being back up in this area, and find it hard to conceptualize that it may very well be three full years, at least, before there's another chase-worthy SNE winter storm.  Will continue clinging to " hope" as long as it's still a reasonable and viable proposition!  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

First and foremost, I'm so terribly sorry to hear about you having to endure the loss of your dad, Ray! :(

Even on the Cape, it verified with far less snow totals than guidance was suggesting, right up to go time.  

It may be false hope, but at least the models are giving us a legitimate reason to hold onto that "hope"...just a little bit longer.  

I desperately miss being back up in this area, and find it hard to conceptualize that it may very well be three full years, at least, before there's another chase-worthy SNE winter storm.  Will continue clinging to " hope" as long as it's still a reasonable and viable proposition!  

Thanks, bud. It never goes away...you just hone your ability to cope more as time passes. It pissed me off and motivated me to get my life together. Six years of sobriety later...

I think this one is dead for me, as far as big impact goes.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thanks, bud. It never goes away...you just hone your ability to cope more as time passes. It pissed me off and motivated me to get my life together. Six years of sobriety later...

I think this one is dead for me, as far as big impact goes.

Not to derail the thread, but I'd be remiss if I didn't commend you on that incredible accomplishment of making it  six years of sobriety.  I've seen many friends and family members struggle to overcome their addiction to alcohol.  As a result, I have the greatest respect and appreciation for those, like yourself, who fight that good fight!

Like you, I'm struggling to see how this will deliver significant impacts to SNE...outside, possibly the Cape - which is why I mentioned that storm.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Not to derail the thread, but I'd be remiss if I didn't commend you on that incredible accomplishment of making it  six years of sobriety.  I've seen many friends and family members struggle to overcome their addiction to alcohol.  As a result, I have the greatest respect and appreciation for those, like yourself, who fight that good fight!

Like you, I'm struggling to see how this will deliver significant impacts to SNE...outside, possibly the Cape - which is why I mentioned that storm.    

I hope you never figure out how I'm doing it because the only way to find out is to reach such depths that you simply can't live with yourself otherwise, given the circumstances of your life. No choice. I may write a book one day... crazy journey.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I hope you never figure out how I'm doing it because the only way to find out is to reach such depths that you simply can't live with yourself otherwise, given the circumstances of your life. No choice. I may write a book one day... crazy journey.

Wow, Ray.  I pray for you my man.  May you live life to the fullest, knowing what you have been through and knowing what lies ahead, we can only pray for the power of God, or whoever that inspires you in life, to be the best version of yourself throughout the rest of life.  You are a strong man, Ray, don't forget that you have that power inside to make a difference.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Wow, Ray.  I pray for you my man.  May you live life to the fullest, knowing what you have been through and knowing what lies ahead, we can only pray for the power of God, or whoever that inspires you in life, to be the best version of yourself throughout the rest of life.  You are a strong man, Ray, don't forget that you have that power inside to make a difference.

We all have are own challenges. Same to you, bud. But man...this winter has tested my sobriety lol

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ray, my struggle with my inner problems has been well documented on this forum, as over the years I have learned the best way to relieve the anger I feel inside and the self-doubt, self-anger and the reason for the issues in the first place was to drink alcohol and get drunk, not to be socializing and having a great time with friends, but to drown my emotional pain of depression in the inhibition free world of being drunk and without shame.  Ove the past nine years, since December 2011 I have dealt with depression to the point of where I thought my life was in jeopardy, I almost tried to end it all.  In that moment, I would not have had the inner discipline or strength to go on in life any longer.  I wanted to take the short cut and no longer deal with the pain I was feeling.  I was at the point of no return.  I was relying on how other's felt about me to make myself feel great again, it was the wrong of all wrong ways to live a life as 21 year old Airman in the USAF.  I had my whole life ahead of me, whatever road blocks life could throw my way, I had it all ahead.  The day I wanted it all gone, a strong inner voice struck me and told me to go back to sleep, I had a late shift that day, so I slept late during the early afternoon hours.  I went to sleep and I couldn't end it all, because that voice, it wasn't mine.  Hell I couldn't have had the inner strength myself to pick me up and stop that thought from destroying my life.  That moment and afterwards I realized, that the only way that I could listen to a voice like that, was it was the divine intervention from God Himself.  I will never doubt the power of God and the love He shows for us in the clearest of ways.  I will always owe my successes in life, if I am as lucky as I believe I am that God looked after me and told me through that voice that there was something about me worth saving.  Death is inevitable.  I now know the grace of life and how short it can be for all of us, I am almost fully recovered from my emotional turmoil and inner demons.  I have renewed sense of faith, hope and love.  It is the dear foundation of why I am positive all the time when I discuss storm chances, because I know what negative thoughts can do.  Believe me Ray, I don't know what it is like to lose my father, my grandfather was 30 years sober, he died later on from his addictions to alcohol, I am eight years sober, because I couldn't live with myself if I could prevent such a health crisis.  I have type one diabetes as well, it is auto-immune and genetic caused it.  Today I want nothing to do with the illness causing me to die if I had something to say about it.  I have been on a low-carb diet for the last six weeks, my sugars are behaving, I am trying everyday to prove to myself I am worth every sacrifice and my life decisions are over in the past, and only to look at the present and make the best ones from here on out.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We all have are own challenges. Same to you, bud. But man...this winter has tested my sobriety lol

Ray, for so long, I wanted us to collaborate on a novel together, I had no idea you were never ready for such a task.  I am sorry I bothered you so much over it.  This winter only tests us if we give it power over our emotions.  We give someone else the power that belongs to us, how are we ever going to make the right decisions in life?  The only power we have is over our behavior and our emotions when we decide to fight the demon when it attacks.  Head-on, for me the best defense is praying to God, and also going to therapy.