Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If this was d2 then the writing is on the wall. Just give it until Wed before you run yourself over in your own patrol car.

I'm not giving up or anything...just frustrating because we've been seeing the same crap all season...1,000,001 ways to fail, despite 1,000, 002 opinions on why it shouldn't.

• Like 2

Ukie is a whiff for most...well maybe some nuisance snows of 1-4 inches in southern areas of CT/RI and SE MA...blizzard for Jimmy though on the Cape....top of the ridge actually folds over the top in Ontario and sort of squishes this east at the last second. I was pretty sure it was going to be a huge hit at 102-108 hours...lol.

That said, I was actually more encouraged with that run than the 00z.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie is a whiff for most...well maybe some nuisance snows of 1-4 inches in southern areas of CT/RI and SE MA...blizzard for Jimmy though on the Cape....top of the ridge actually folds over the top in Ontario and sort of squishes this east at the last second. I was pretty sure it was going to be a huge hit at 102-108 hours...lol.

Very similar to the CMC... looks really good only to get punted East last second 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Seems to be a trend that it looks great through 100+, then finds a way to minmize impact.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We see that pinching of the ridge on most guidance that just doesn’t allow this thing to curl nw. Always something...

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Seems to be a trend that it looks great through 100+, then finds a way to minmize impact.

Yes...I'll give it another 24 hours or so to see if those earlier trend manifest themselves more positively in the sensible wx department or if this is just going to be a case of another decent synoptic setup being ruined by some nuance in the flow.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't know about nuisance snows here but it's close enough to warrant a look

qpf_024h.us_ne.png

2 minutes ago, SnowFeen1 said:

How west are they from the 6z cause they were pretty west already.

I'm actually not sure where to get the plot which shows the individual low tracks but from judgement of eye (which is never a good way to go) 12z does look solidly west. 

but I always get a little weary of focusing too much on individual runs (and EPS for that matter) and how far west/east storm track is when phasing is involved b/c there are so many moving factors involved with phasing that agreement (or disagreement) 2...3...4 days out means little. At the end of the day a 6-hour difference in the timing of any of the important features will dictate whether phasing happens or not.

We could go into 12z Thursday and still be 12-hours off within timing and all of a sudden 0z runs come out and bam...there's a phase and we get nailed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm actually not sure where to get the plot which shows the individual low tracks but from judgement of eye (which is never a good way to go) 12z does look solidly west. 

but I always get a little weary of focusing too much on individual runs (and EPS for that matter) and how far west/east storm track is when phasing is involved b/c there are so many moving factors involved with phasing that agreement (or disagreement) 2...3...4 days out means little. At the end of the day a 6-hour difference in the timing of any of the important features will dictate whether phasing happens or not.

We could go into 12z Thursday and still be 12-hours off within timing and all of a sudden 0z runs come out and bam...there's a phase and we get nailed.

C66FEE39-FF30-4E24-BB51-6C3C5C050AFE.png

A2B175EB-B298-40E0-8D7C-091CE3C828B5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1