• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Actually eps might be slightly east of 12z on the 132 map toggling it again but it was slightly better I thought on the 126 frame. Either way pretty close and at this lead time you want to see the general setup holding. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Actually eps might be slightly east of 12z on the 132 map toggling it again but it was slightly better I thought on the 126 frame. Either way pretty close and at this lead time you want to see the general setup holding. 

Mean QPF was certainly juicier on the 18z run, so must be some good members.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Mean QPF was certainly juicier on the 18z run, so must be some good members.

Yeah I liked that stronger “north” look at 120 hours before it sort of hooked east. That’s usually a good sign. 

At any rate, this still has the crucial synoptic features we’re looking for in a higher end threat with the classic Rockies ridge, transient 50/50 low, and a southern stream ready to be caught by northern stream diving in. Really the only thing missing is an arctic antecedent airmass being fed from a classic Quebec high . But that FROPA on thursday should be enough. 

We just gotta hope those features don’t crap out on us between now and Friday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

18Z EPS Mean SLP spread and total qpf for a 24hr period. Looks pretty good given this lead time. 

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-ne-mslp_with_low_locs-3560800.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-ne-precip_24hr_inch-3582400.png

It’s interesting how all the deepest members are on the western edge it shows where the phase versus no phase members must beIt’s interesting how all the deepest members are on the western edge it shows were the phase versus no phase members must be

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Must be some really far se members in there to skew the mean like that as the majority are west.

I would assume that cluster just east of Long Island would work pretty well for us around here, maybe even those just to the south?

Snow develops over the mountains of WV, western NC and VA by the 4th of March, the next two days, will help a lot in determining the final solution.  Our southern stream should not have more surprises in the modeling after 12z tomorrow, and then it is all dependent upon the northern stream evolution and phasing interaction.  I just don't know if I turn out to be all rain and be sacrificed for the I-95 corridor cities and region, I would hate for that.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Snow develops over the mountains of WV, western NC and VA by the 4th of March, the next two days, will help a lot in determining the final solution.  Our southern stream should not have more surprises in the modeling after 12z tomorrow, and then it is all dependent upon the northern stream evolution and phasing interaction.  I just don't know if I turn out to be all rain and be sacrificed for the I-95 corridor cities and region, I would hate for that.

If you could sacrifice some rain, we would owe you one. To give is to receive.