Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s comin’

Ukie actually looks pretty threatening at D6....and yes, before the woe-is-me and heat mongers try and spin this post....it's still unlikely to happen.

But it is occuring in that 3/6-3/7 window which might be able to support something.

Mm...ridge in the west, unlike pretty much ever since early December, is actually depicted in a good longitude ( axis ) centered on D6 ...check.

What I don't like is the impulse in the south that offers the seed/enticer for the stream interaction/phase ... it appears too concerved given the heights along the Gulf/continental interface latitudes leading (D's 4/5)... It seems that would be absorbed a bit more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Set blasters on turbo... it is just choking dendrites all the sudden in town.

Wonder if I can clear 10” at home from this event.  8.4” so far and leaving for work.  Will find out later this evening. 

813FD3FD-D605-4F7C-ABF7-FA91E39C5ADB.thumb.jpeg.fbfa029aaa0625b61ff04cb2e13ee611.jpeg

Reminds me of th

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Full on lake effect blizzard in Vermont.

3,000ft at 10:45am was checking in with 26" storm total stack (not multiple measurements, a 26" stack).

Here's 1,500ft at the office.

83814299_493190198026842_708710785274924

Reminds me of the upslope I chased the winter before moving up there.

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Is there another window on the 10-11 of March that looks more favorable too?

EPS are less enthused on that one...the GEFS and GEPS like it a lot more...we'll see if it trends colder...still over 10 days out. That one would not be a coastal type setup like 3/6-7....it would be more of an overrunning look as presently modeled.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The look definitely works for a brief time

Yes...bingo!  Ephemeral indeed ... 

I'm not sure what the EPS tele 's look like, but the American don't really support anything other than a big warm up erupting in the first 10 days of March.  

( not that anyone asked, but we flip the clocks in 9 days ... I'd be tickled pink if I piled out of work that Monday, with a 75 on the car dash, windows down, and the sun still 3 hours up on the horizon ) 

Anyway, the term 'hale Mary' leaps to mind, like a last gasp attempt to save a little exit face - ... 

I dunno, but March is a long month... and we really have to get to Easter to really close the books around here. Some years, ...heh, like this one, the book is slammed shut out of rage way before then but, objectively... we could put up a week at 70 F and still white out on the 22nd of March... before melting it all off the next week. This March is about bi-polar swings of tormented loss and real hope. haha