Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How much snow did you have this month?!

How was your ‘spring has arrived and is here to stay’ run this morning...tight shorts and t shirt? You’re pimping AHATT very early this year while condemning anyone who isn’t. It’s ok, it will come just take it one day at a time bud.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What about the next few frames/periods?  How about that trough off the west coast & the one off the east coast?    You're calling for an outright torch weeks 2 & 3, right?  Hopefully there are no cool downs to interrupt that but  your heat doesn't look like it's sustained.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Signals have been there for a while March was going to be predominately above-average. Remember the first week of March was supposed to be cold :lol:  Not going to get any long-sustained cold blasts with this look:

Composite Plot

500 zonal wind anomalies since Jan 1...easy to see why we've been predominately on the warmer side but you can also see how we can sneak in those brief bursts of (and at times) impressive cold shots. 

Given the state of the Arctic combined with the move towards the equinox March is going to be warm...and potentially quite warm

Just now, CoastalWx said:

0.4” here this month. This winter needs to go eff itself. Luckily it’s over. We warm up late next week and then mid Morch.

0.0 here for February. Total for season 4.3 which is the 2nd least snowiest on record for New Brunswick. Hard to believe it has been worst then this lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

The one a few weekends back where places up north were like -20 to -30. IDK...I find that "impressive",,,at least in this winter 

Typical shallow rad cold for them. I've struggled to get below zero up here. I haven't had more than 2 straight days of sub 32F since before Christmas. That's pretty pathetic.

10 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i am with you and am ready for some spring weather, but didn't all signs post to a snowy period coming up a few short weeks ago?

We are getting the cold shot to start March. We just can’t get anything to amplify with the parade of storms knocking down the ridge out west. So in return we end up with cold dry. We aren’t going to get sustained cold with the Pv so strong and Ao still positive.

• Like 1

Warm Kevin is my favorite. I used to like waking up in the morning and running to my computer to reads Kevin warm posts during the warm season...was the best part of the day. I would do that before anything else and then I would feel all warm and fuzzy inside and walk around the rest of the day with a big smile on my face. 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

Here may be a couple windows for accumulating snow...first is like 3/6-3/8 and then if that high from central Canada presses down could be another from like 3/10-3/12. 

They aren’t great setups as it looks now but better than anything else recently. 

• Like 1