Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

17 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

hey trolls, I know the winter didn't go your way this season and for many it's a distant memory, but let's clean this thread up and keep it on-topic. thanks

Wow, now that the pot calling the kettle black.  You’re the biggest Troll in the history of these forums Dr Dewsh.  Go change your avatar..it’s been a day or two already..lol.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow, now that the pot calling the kettle black.  You’re the biggest Troll in the history of these forums Dr Dewsh.  Go change your avatar..it’s been a day or two already..lol.

I am so glad that I block that guy.  It makes reading the forum so much easier.  I just never saw any posts from him that provided value outside of trolling for fish...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MetHerb said:

I am so glad that I block that guy.  It makes reading the forum so much easier.  I just never saw any posts from him that provided value outside of trolling for fish...

Shocked why more don’t. The only problem is seeing the quoted posts which too many respond to. Hoping next server update can fix that. 

1 hour ago, MetHerb said:

I’m surprised how many of you get tweaked by the guy, lol.  He just cracks me up more than anything.  Nice to have a warm ying to the forum’s cold yang.  

Folks posting H5 progs weeks out that looks cold, fine, but he posts one looking warm and everyone loses their shit :lol:.

But I guess in a terrible winter no one wants to hear it down there.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m surprised how many of you get tweaked by the guy, lol.  He just cracks me up more than anything.  Nice to have a warm ying to the forum’s cold yang.  

Folks posting H5 progs weeks out that looks cold, fine, but he posts one looking warm and everyone loses their shit :lol:.

I like busting his balls, Every board needs a donkey, And he is ours here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, I have no problem if someone did that and for a while I just mentally ignore his posts because they were almost all troll or bait posts designed to elicit a reaction and not for their objective value.  We have plenty of people that prefer warm weather that don't troll and I would do it for someone that prefers cold weather as well.  A troll is a troll...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Yeah, I have no problem if someone did that and for a while I just mentally ignore his posts because they were almost all troll or bait posts designed to elicit a reaction and not for their objective value.  We have plenty of people that prefer warm weather that don't troll and I would do it for someone that prefers cold weather as well.  A troll is a troll...

See I disagree... we have plenty of posters who post things just to get a response.  Like when the Euro shows 0.25” of QPF as snow and someone says “Euro now onboard for 6+ back to NY state!”  We give a lot more latitude if it’s the weather we want.

He occasionally does have a sound post and at least he’s consistent in warmth posts year round, doesn’t flip flop with seasons.

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

See I disagree... we have plenty of posters who post things just to get a response.  Like when the Euro shows 0.25” of QPF as snow and someone says “Euro now onboard for 6+ back to NY state!”  We give a lot more latitude if it’s the weather we want.

He occasionally does have a sound post and at least he’s consistent in warmth posts year round, doesn’t flip flop with seasons.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about and know those other posters.  While they throw in troll posts and people react to them (myself included) there are enough sound posts to tip the balance to being valuable.  It's a different story when 95% of your posts are trolling for reaction and 50%.  The 50% makes it more valuable and readable.

3 hours ago, MetHerb said:

For all those folk calling for a March 1989, 2002 or 2012 to roll through the door and are saying we are done with snow, remember that even those months had 5-7" of snow.

At this point it looks to be fairly seasonable.

Or 2010, much the worst March here.  Its 0.6" snow is the least for any DJFM since we moved to Maine 47 years ago.  It's also my mildest March of 21 here, lacked the summery warmth of 2012 but it's the only March that failed to record at least one subzero morning - didn't even get down to 10 and 28 of 31 days were AN.  2nd wettest, too, its 6.44" trailing only 3/99.  But that earlier month had 32" of snow with 2 storms of 14".

19 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Yeah, I know what you're talking about and know those other posters.  While they throw in troll posts and people react to them (myself included) there are enough sound posts to tip the balance to being valuable.  It's a different story when 95% of your posts are trolling for reaction and 50%.  The 50% makes it more valuable and readable.

Exactly this.  

He's a total Troll plain and simple.   It's all reaction and once in a while you get a decent post from him...otherwise it's all BS and Trolling.  I totally disagree with Powderfreak on this one.  And I'm not a fan of the BS winter posts either..those are just as bad...and those should be called out as well.  Fooling around is one thing...but when peeps are posting nonsense/Trolling on either side of the coin, more than adding something of value, it shouldn't be tolerated.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MetHerb said:

For all those folk calling for a March 1989, 2002 or 2012 to roll through the door and are saying we are done with snow, remember that even those months had 5-7" of snow.

At least it will be spring.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

At least it will be spring.

Yes!  And this crappy winter will be in the books and behind us.  I hope next year is a better year and not a three-peat like 89, 90 & 91 were.  That three year period was such crap.  At least we had that period in early December down here but there's still time for something this spring.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MetHerb said:

I looked back at 2012 the other day. Forgot we actually pulled a 10-12" snow event in SNH at the beginning of the month before the inferno

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Shocked why more don’t. The only problem is seeing the quoted posts which too many respond to. Hoping next server update can fix that. 

It's this, really. You can block one user, but if the rest of the thread takes the bait, you can't block the entire thread of conversation. It'd be nice to block a user plus quoted posts.

• Like 1