• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 Discussion

madwx

For the severe geeks, if the trend of strung out/pos tilted systems continues in spring, it may not be the worst thing in the world.  Those types of systems tend to have less forcing, which could mean less squall line messes and better tornado potential.  Have to avoid perpetual eastern troughing though.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

For the severe geeks, if the trend of strung out/pos tilted systems continues in spring, it may not be the worst thing in the world.  Those types of systems tend to have less forcing, which could mean less squall line messes and better tornado potential.  Have to avoid perpetual eastern troughing though.

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2020 at 6:10 PM, Hoosier said:

Looks like we will. +NAO/AO looks to remain through at least the first half of March highly unlike the previous several years where we just couldn't shake -AO/NAO. The lack of an SSW this year also helps.

• Like 3

NICE.  
"UST BEYOND THIS FORECAST  
PERIOD, STARTING TO SEE A PRETTY STRONG SIGNAL FOR WHAT COULD BE  
THE WARMEST AIR MASS SINCE LAST FALL FOR THE FIRST FULL WEEKEND OF  
MARCH.   "

- IZZI  

Very nice. The optimism of spring is the best. Let’s get some rumblers in the forecast!
  • Like 1

Just saw on the news that Dan McCarthy of NWS Indianapolis is retiring from his met career after 33 years.  I think he was at SPC at the time of the May 3, 1999 tornado outbreak.
Our MIC Ed Fenelon retired today too. His last day was our spring media workshop. I worked with Ed for about 9.5 years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Our MIC Ed Fenelon retired today too. His last day was our spring media workshop. I worked with Ed for about 9.5 years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That was a nice write up on Ed on the LOT webpage.  I learned of Dan's retirement from a commercial tv news station.  Now on to some spring like weather for the beginning of met spring.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Well, we've made it to met spring.  So long underwhelming half-assed winter of 19/20! Time for outdoor grilling, and daily checks of the SPC site to see if any interesting convective events are on the way.  Cheers! :beer:

This is about the earliest I can recall that I am ready for spring and could say goodbye to winter/snow today and be fine. Truth is tho, March is still a solid winter month here with an average of 35+ inches of snow.  Normal high around 29 now.