Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
The 2020 Lesco & Lawn Thread

Damage In Tolland

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Winter lasted only a few short weeks for most of us south of the NH/ VT border. Many landscapers and homeowners have started or in some cases completed their spring cleanups. The shovels and blowers have been stored away , replaced with leaf blowers, rakes, car wash and wax and baseball gear . LFG!

not much to clean up this year.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Had a lot of limbs and branches from those two icestorms . But there’s been very little wind this winter , so not nearly as much as usual. The best thing is there’s no mud. So easy with no mud season 

Do you really wait till spring to clean-up branches?  The grounds been clear 90% of the winter why couldn't you pick them up after the storm?  LOL...and golfers as a sign like no courses are open year round.

Meanwhile in reality land, the sap is flowing like it's early spring and the run looks to continue for a couple of days before freezing things up later in the week and then another run next week right on schedule.  Spring projects...plenty of time to work on the lawn later in spring.

23 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Do you really wait till spring to clean-up branches?  The grounds been clear 90% of the winter why couldn't you pick them up after the storm?  LOL...and golfers as a sign like no courses are open year round.

Meanwhile in reality land, the sap is flowing like it's early spring and the run looks to continue for a couple of days before freezing things up later in the week and then another run next week right on schedule.  Spring projects...plenty of time to work on the lawn later in spring.

No I am OCD as everyone knows, so I generally pick up the vast majority of them right after the storm . Today was more the little stuff that you don’t necessarily see until it’s just grass .

At least you’ll make serious money with the sugar season that went from late Jan into early Morch 

I've learned years ago I can't be trusted with over fertilizing with Lesco.  I end up with a superfund site of burnt grass.   

We went with an "all natural" company called Natural lawn of America for years.  They suck.  I've had the worst lawn since I started using them.   This year I'm switching it up to a local guy.  He comes in a truck with a skull and crossbones on the side (not true). He actually demands access to your irrigation system (true).  He's learned over the years everyone overwaters at the wrong time and then blames the fertilizer guy.     

Looking forward to the fairways of Augusta national this year in the front yard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 2:32 PM, Chrisrotary12 said:

With snow officially gone, a free weekend and no sports to watch, I'm all in on cleaning up from winter tomorrow. Should be a little chilly, but will be good to be out working in the yard.  Hoping to clear the yard and get early spring fertilizer down this weekend.  

Best lawns ever

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Lawn fertilizing didn’t make the cut.  We po.

I head ya... what you see is kind of what you get in my yard currently. The plan was to re do the back yard with loam and new seed but that’s obviously on the back burner until further notice now. It’s green and doesn’t look horrible so it is what it is. 

I literally ordered hundreds of bulbs that flower between late spring and fall to plant in our bed that is bare. Can’t afford to do what is really like to do which is line it with some nice bushes.