Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

50 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

Wondering if that big squall is going to pass through Toronto early Friday afternoon?

Not feeling optimistic about it now. Conditions aren’t favourable enough for sustained lake effect across the area. Perhaps an inch in some localized areas but that’s about it. Wind direction is more westerly than NW which also plays a role.

18 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Not feeling optimistic about it now. Conditions aren’t favourable enough for sustained lake effect across the area. Perhaps an inch in some localized areas but that’s about it. Wind direction is more westerly than NW which also plays a role.

Around 5” fell in downtown Toronto.  

Looks like the lake effect band moves into Toronto tomorrow during the afternoon rush.

So I was lazy and my rain gauge was frozen yesterday lol, so i had initially est the water equivalent for my morning report while i brought the gauge can inside to melt it. I was a bit surprised to see the 5.7" of snow had 0.55" liquid equivalent. My guess would be that the initial 3 inches or so.were ratios a bit less than 10-1, as it got more powdery at the end.