Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

16 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Looks like most of southeast MI is between 2-3" so far. Should still end up in the 4-6 range but a lot of paved surfaces dont have much.

I was at 2.9” at 1pm. For sure over 3” now. May be able to cheat out a 6”+ amount. Pavement has been pretty clean all day.

38 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Have about 2-3" on the grass...pavement just finally starting to whiten up.  Based on radar, it's pretty apparent the heaviest snow is going to miss us to the east.  Should finish in the 6-8" range hopefully by 12z tomorrow.

We can’t have nice things haha.

RGEM nailed it. It was further east than the other models. Let’s see if we can squeeze a few inches tom with that LES band. 

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I had 3.6" on the board at 1 PM and it still snowing nicely, so should be able hit 4.  Not to be a glass half empty guy because this is nice, but oh what it could have been with some cold air to work with.

Or if it was mid January so sun angle & warm ground could be a non-factor. It’s been a classic “all day” snow but getting consistent accumulation has been a uphill battle until recently.

1 minute ago, Snowstorms said:

That’s true.

Core of the storm is still south of us but we should start seeing more heavier bands after 9pm. Could tally up another 4-6” if they stay consistent.

23z HRRR showing 6.7" additional.  Last check, YYZ was up to 2.8" (2.8 + 6.7 = 9.5", which is definitely towards the high end of expectations, unless anyone believed the few clown RAP/GFS runs showing 12"+) .

We would need to start cranking though at some point.  Cloud tops starting to cool and pivot N/NNW across E OH/W PA.  Hopefully that's a good sign. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

23z HRRR showing 6.7" additional.  Last check, YYZ was up to 2.8" (2.8 + 6.7 = 9.5", which is definitely towards the high end of expectations, unless anyone believed the few clown RAP/GFS runs showing 12"+) .

We would need to start cranking though at some point.  Cloud tops starting to cool and pivot N/NNW across E OH/W PA.  Hopefully that's a good sign. 

Here's hoping. I was a bit concerned earlier today when the snow didn't seem to be sticking.

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I had 3.6" on the board at 1 PM and it still snowing nicely, so should be able hit 4.  Not to be a glass half empty guy because this is nice, but oh what it could have been with some cold air to work with.

At 4 here as of 7pm.  Still snowing but has let up to sand blasting pixie dust.  That little wrap around band kicked it up a notch.  Can keep these ticklers off the lake over night might even get another inch.  Pretty big cutoff to the SE, SE Madison county maybe 2 inches.  Driving around amounts definitely reflect the banding.  The secondary roads are shit, just the way I like it lol.  I'm still amazed at the drifting, there's some 2 footers out there and still building.  Due for another ride in a couple hours..  Biggest drifts since Pumpkin Day.

• Like 2

The snowboard had 0.7" at 7 AM, another 3.1" at 1 PM, and 1.9" at 7 PM, for a total of 5.7".   The 7 PM snow depth was 5.1".

The low ratios and warm ground early hurt the total, but it also kept compaction to a minimum.  Still dropping dust.

EDIT: I just realized that Alek's call is going to nail it......for my back yard!  :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

I’d guess close to 2” has accumulated on grassy areas here in downtown Toronto with the main roads just mainly wet. 

The latest 00z HRRR has an additional 6” of snow by tomorrow morning.