• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

LOTs update does not provide much insight into their thinking into how the amounts change over the area. They do mention a sharper cut off during the day on Tuesday near the IL/WI border but if any of the current models verify, there is no way this is even an advisory in the first few tier of counties in N IL right?

My underlining below. 

Headlines will be a challenge for this event, not surprising given
the duration and phasing character. But in a simpler terms of
snow amounts/impacts, this conceptually has the look of a high end
Advisory to a low end Warning, with peak impacts Tuesday night
into Wednesday morning including the cold advection winds which
could cause some blowing and drifting of what has/is still
falling. Stay tuned though as a lot of moving parts.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=LOT&issuedby=LOT&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

2 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

LMAO!!  Feel bad for local TV mets and NWS peeps.  They're gonna hear a lot of complaining from the public on this one.  NWS still showing 8" for the QC.  Worst bust of all time hands down.  (Unless there's a last minute miracle lol).

This has been a pretty substantial shift for this day in age, but I remember more frequent big busts in the 90s.  One in particular (wish I could remember the exact year... could've been 1995 or 1996) when I was forecast for 7-13" (odd range I know) the day before and ended up not getting a flake or any precip for that matter.  It pulled a last minute south lunge.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

LMAO!!  Feel bad for local TV mets and NWS peeps.  They're gonna hear a lot of complaining from the public on this one.  NWS still showing 8" for the QC.  Worst bust of all time hands down.  (Unless there's a last minute miracle lol).

Oh man, I feel bad for them too. At least in Madison the models were already trending downward yesterday, so they've had more time to back down from the initial predictions here.