Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

Just now, King James said:

WI posters really got boned with this one

Eh we've been pretty lucky overall this winter with a few overperformers and deep snowcover for about the past month.  Also my mind is switching to spring mode so by the end of this month I'm rooting for warmer weather and thunderstorms vs cold and snow.

• Like 4

Just now, SchaumburgStormer said:

It is absurd how each and every storm this season has trended to complete southern garbage within 24 hours all season. You would think the models would handle at least one correctly. 

Oh well, on to the next. 

If the next one is this winter I will ride the lamest, weakest, most SE sheared model run there is. Ukie doesn't always show that it just did this time

DVN still going with 8" for here/QC.  Looking more and more like a 0.5-1.5" type of event lol.  

For whatever reason the models seem to be over-amping/phasing everything in the 30-90hr range this season.  It seems like the Euro is slowly reverting back to what it was showing beyond 90+hrs.  

• Like 1

A little nervous to make a call with all of the shifting, but not a lot of time left for large shifts.  Getting missed north looks off the table.  I'd go 7-9" here... yes, deliberately capping it just short of double digits although I do think the heaviest band has a good chance of producing 10+ wherever it sets up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King James said:

I was never teased with any watches. I’m so far south that this is trending A+ for me

LOT fired out an update a little while ago but did not expand the watch any more than the overnight package.  With the GFS now on board for a farther south solution, the expansion has to come with the afternoon package.  

• Like 1