Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

12 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

I think GFS is northern outlier and Euro likely a south outlier. I'm thinking something in between, I feel like NAM is closest to that in between. Crazy how bad model guidance has been all winter

I thought the Ukie was the southern outlier?

14 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

If anything the volatility of these models would indicate NWS offices should issue winter advisories no sooner than 12 hrs out. For this event nothing sent out till tomorrow afternoon or evening for LOT.

would you say you've been modeled consistently for 5"-10" for the last 48 hrs?

5 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

It has the 2nd best 500mb NH verification score, so yes.

Like I said, don't really follow it so my bad. It seems to be way too weak and south so not really giving it much faith compared to the rest of the model suite. Definitely eager to see if we see a reversal in 0z trends or if things hold from 12z runs

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

Not by the Ukie. 1-2". A little more SE shift and weakening by 0Z Euro and your there. Also MKE area in the same boat.

Screenshot_20200223-190711_Samsung Internet.jpg

if your so sure on the UK solution which is still an outlier, though a trend southeast has been apparent vs. a trend NW by all models yesterday than you certainly cannot discount the far north solution of the GFS which has been the most consistent. A consensus puts you at 5-10". I think your okay. That said, it's weather so it could crash and burn. If so, motor on...because today was a nice taste of spring, and I love that too.

5 minutes ago, Baum said:

if your so sure on the UK solution which is still an outlier, though a trend southeast has been apparent vs. a trend NW by all models yesterday than you certainly cannot discount the far north solution of the GFS which has been the most consistent. A consensus puts you at 5-10". I think your okay. That said, it's weather so it could crash and burn. If so, motor on...because today was a nice taste of spring, and I love that too.

Can't discount the GFS and would reasonably expect models to slightly wobble back north by tomorrow evening. But this year seems to be the winter of SE weaker and lame so the Ukie represented that. Went for a walk today it was nice. Golf seems far off though.

5 minutes ago, Baum said:

The uk has been just as consistent as the gfs...the irony is the two most consistent models are the northern and southern outlier.

1 minute ago, Cary67 said:

Can't discount the GFS and would reasonably expect models to slightly wobble back north by tomorrow evening. But this year seems to be the winter of SE weaker and lame so the Ukie represented that. Went for a walk today it was nice. Golf seems far off though.

I feel you... For us this seems like the best shot of a biggie thus far this year... 24 hours will see where that wobble leads to the good snow...

5 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

last two winters. Though, sometimes that's a positive.