Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

14 minutes ago, Baum said:

i don't think this will be Thanksgiving weekend 2018 or the late April storm last spring. If it comes to fruition expect a bit drier consistency as time plays on....fingers crossed.

I would agree with this.  It will be wet/heavy/sloppy for a portion but ratios should improve with time.  

One thing I have noticed over the years is that the tension seems to get ratcheted up with these late season storms.  Been on display in this thread.  I think it's worse when the winter hasn't been good.  Not knowing how many more chances you're going to have this season probably plays a role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StormChaser4Life said:

2019-2020 winter special. Get everyone excited days out with a crush job then trend south and weaker. Lol. Won't be shocked to see it trend north again though. Still one more piece of energy to be sampled

Like I said last month, biggest dog will prob be late March from far southern IL to southern OH.  One last middle finger from ma nature to the majority of this sub lol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cyclone77 said:

Like I said last month, biggest dog will prob be late March from far southern IL to southern OH.  One last middle finger from ma nature to the majority of this sub lol.

Usually is the case. When the SDS is kicking in and Mother Nature is like muhahahaha *evil laugh* here's the winter storm you wanted all winter in Spring

9 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Joking aside our sub has made out better than pretty much every other sub on this board, other than the West which forum is not really active. Just not a good winter for the eastern half of the country. They happen. 

Am I missing that this looks like a solid 5"-10 " event with potential for greater totals through the heart of Chicago Metro, and a 200 mile wide  swath of plowable snow from NE MO. through S and central lower Michigan?  Perspective's are getting a bit skewed me thinks. 15" plus events are rare to say the least. Also, some fluctuations in intensity and path are part  of the game. Yesterday after 12Z runs everyone had it in Madison, today Toledo. To me, models have now all converged on a high quality snow event with a 30-50 mile fluctuations both north and south. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

One thing I have noticed over the years is that the tension seems to get ratcheted up with these late season storms.  Been on display in this thread.  I think it's worse when the winter hasn't been good.  Not knowing how many more chances you're going to have this season probably plays a role.

really 36 hours to go and some "more as the models turn".....as I said meltdowns are a comin..... 

1 minute ago, Baum said:

Am I missing that this looks like a solid 5"-10 " event with potential for greater totals through the heart of Chicago Metro, and a 200 mile wide  swath of plowable snow from NE MO. through S and central lower Michigan?  Perspective's are getting a bit skewed me thinks. 15" plus events are rare to say the least. Also, some fluctuations in intensity and path are part  of the game. Yesterday after 12Z runs everyone had it in Madison, today Toledo. To me, models have now all converged on a high quality snow event with a 30-50 mile fluctuations both north and south. 

agree 100%. However other then the NAM there has been a south and east trend with the 12z models. And after such a crappy winter where the weaker south and east trend has been the norm I think that we are all concerned that it will continue.

You could tell early comparing the 500's from last night it wasn't going to come together like the OZ run. Seemed a little slower to.  Def slower to get precip up here.  Another step back at 0z on the euro would be lucky to get wwa up in to far se, wi.  Nice comfortable run down south. def got some breathing room now

Just now, ILSNOW said:

agree 100%. However other then the NAM there has been a south and east trend with the 12z models. And after such a crappy winter where the weaker south and east trend has been the norm I think that we are all concerned that it will continue.

I don't know. Personally, I'll take today's Euro run any day. Realize, this is all subjective based on where one resides and how the storm impacts them. And there is concern with any relevant event and will it verify. But a 6" + event seems reasonable at this point.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baum said:

I don't know. Personally, I'll take today's Euro run any day. Realize, this is all subjective based on where one resides and how the storm impacts them. And there is concern with any relevant event and will it verify. But a 6" + event seems reasonable at this point.....

With you and hoping that the NAM (haha) will lead the way!!!!

2 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

You could tell early comparing the 500's from last night it wasn't going to come together like the OZ run. Seemed a little slower to.  Def slower to get precip up here.  Another step back at 0z on the euro would be lucky to get wwa up in to far se, wi.  Nice comfortable run down south. def got some breathing room now

Hopefully the 12z suite overdid it a bit with the southeast trend, and things correct back nw with the 00z runs.  Either way, I'm riding the 6" call till I go down in flames lol.  NAM FTW! :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1