Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

8 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Still having a hard time really getting into this one.  Maybe it's due to being too close to the southern edge on most models.

Yeah I totally understand. You picked a good one to not get emotionally attached to one way or the other.  It's pretty satisfying and relaxing  though when you let them come to daddy. GL down there.

1 minute ago, hlcater said:

Don’t see any reason why the dive southeast won’t continue. It’s not good when the only model on your side is the NAM. Unbelievably frustrating when your first potential good storm inside 84hr in a few years is yanked away.

I think you're sitting pretty nicely imo. You're in a winter storm watch now. Better than me. Lol

12 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Still having a hard time really getting into this one.  Maybe it's due to being too close to the southern edge on most models.

I'd be more concerned with how 500mb plays out for stronger/NW or weaker/east...than worrying about being on southern gradient.

Just now, StormChaser4Life said:

I think you're sitting pretty nicely imo. You're in a winter storm watch now. Better than me. Lol

I’m holding out for the NAM... never a good sign. Everything else has dove southeast overnight with the UK and CMC not even showing an inch in my area. GEFS mean has never been good here, but still isn’t. Not sure about the EPS. Trends are absolutely awful for this area and I don’t have much confidence that it corrects northwest. None of the other storms have this season, so why would this one? 

Gonna get sloppy. Marginal temps, warm ground, loads of moisture, heavy rates. Imagine I’ll be out there knocking wet snow off sensitive trees... again. I love a good storm, but early/late season paste jobs have become the norm. Not complaining... I know plenty of you would like to be in the crosshairs of this one.

5 minutes ago, tuanis said:

Gonna get sloppy. Marginal temps, warm ground, loads of moisture, heavy rates. Imagine I’ll be out there knocking wet snow off sensitive trees... again. I love a good storm, but early/late season paste jobs have become the norm. Not complaining... I know plenty of you would like to be in the crosshairs of this one.

i don't think this will be Thanksgiving weekend 2018 or the late April storm last spring. If it comes to fruition expect a bit drier consistency as time plays on....fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

If we could just get it to nudge more south we would be good. But can't say im confident in that happening.  Getting 3 or more storms of 6"+ in one season for Detroit is unusual. Its only happened 15 times in the previous 139 years.  How hilarious it would be if it happens in such a frustrating Winter.

Told Stebo this elsewhere, but a 6" storm would put me at 20" for the month imby. Just think if one of the earlier systems this month phased well. It would've been a really good month. Another 6"+ storm would also push my seasonal total to at least 44.5".

Euro is definitely coming in south this run...

• Like 2