Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

Just now, Crispus said:

Ugh, looking like another 1-3" for Peoria. Even if it magically stretches to 4", I don't want it, because I'm tired of these little nickel-and-dime snows. If we can't get 8"+, I'd rather skip it and go straight to spring.

Dude you are preaching to the choir! Every storm this winter has been on the edge here. The cutoff in Peoria county is laughable from north to south. Praying we see that northern vort dig more but not hopeful. I'm like you, so sick of these little storms. Go big or go home

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moosey2323 said:

Congrats to Chicago. Detroit not looking so great.

If we could just get it to nudge more south we would be good. But can't say im confident in that happening.  Getting 3 or more storms of 6"+ in one season for Detroit is unusual. Its only happened 15 times in the previous 139 years.  How hilarious it would be if it happens in such a frustrating Winter.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Dude you are preaching to the choir! Every storm this winter has been on the edge here. The cutoff in Peoria county is laughable from north to south. Praying we see that northern vort dig more but not hopeful. I'm like you, so sick of these little storms. Go big or go home

the nickel and dime winter..yet we are above average on snowfall to date

on another note..I noticed the official snowfall observation location is now in a different spot

for decades it was '2 miles SW' near the airport... last snow it was "8 miles NE" and when i typed in the coordinates it was Peoria Heights clock tower park

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

the nickel and dime winter..yet we are above average on snowfall to date

on another note..I noticed the official snowfall observation location is now in a different spot

for decades it was '2 miles SW' near the airport... last snow it was "8 miles NE" and when i typed in the coordinates it was Peoria Heights clock tower park

Well that explains a lot. The higher totals this winter have been along and north of I74. Would be nice to have one decent storm with warning criteria snow. We're so close on this one

6 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The GFS has shifted east.  It appears this system may not phase in time to hit Iowa, outside of the far east/southeast.  The darn lead wave is 3-6 hours too fast.

snku_acc.us_mw.png

It's the GFS though. I would put absolutely no faith in it. It's been performing terribly and is very inconsistent run to run

11 minutes ago, mimillman said:

The truth lies between the GFS and the Euro. I still like this as a Madison special and points slightly south

Yup. really thought by 12z the GFS would have smoothed things out but its still trying to back the ship in to LM. Once it loses that you smooth things out more like other models.