• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

strongwxnc

Ended up with about 3 here. Looks like jackpot with this system was well south of here. We never got the frontogenesis across large areas of the state that the models showed, slp was weaker and further east and south. The shear from the st jet that gave us all the over-running early, hampered the coastal development I think. Nice marginal event though. One of the best snows for looking great in the trees in a while!

Thanks for all the diligent tracking folks!

Trees from the front yard:

2-20-20Snowlowres.jpg

• Like 6

Just did a drive through franklin county and it was absolutely beautiful up there! Definitely more snow than Raleigh. By no means a high end storm for the state but a lot of people saw a couple inches and it stuck to the trees real pretty. And it’s lasting past noon lol. A reprieve from a terrible winter that I didn’t think we’d get so it made me happy. Said I’d be happy with 2 imby and I got more than that so I’ll take that as a win. Now on to work for a half day... 

1 hour ago, eyewall said:

From Raleigh this morning at suriseimageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486cimageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486c

Snow1a.jpg

@eyewall I live in DTR as well and I know the developer of those houses.  I shared with him a link to your pic and he wanted to know if he could get an original copy.  Did you take this pic?  If so, would you be willing to share it?

3 hours ago, ztinkler said:

@eyewall I live in DTR as well and I know the developer of those houses.  I shared with him a link to your pic and he wanted to know if he could get an original copy.  Did you take this pic?  If so, would you be willing to share it?

I did take the pic and yes I would be.

• Thanks 1