• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

strongwxnc

Snow today in GA was HIGHLY elevation driven. Switched to rain/snow mix around 1600 feet and non accumulating all snow at 2000 feet then ramped up to the max in my photos at the top at 3160’.   Sweet spot started to max right around 2750 feet.  Temp was 34 but fell so hard it stuck. Roads were treated and pretty clear except for some slush. 

Took a drive around the area since I wanted to try my new WRX in the snow.  There's definitely a lot of slushy spots out there in the areas where there's no running water and shady areas where the pavement didn't get a lot of radiation this afternoon.  Also, there's some power outages up near Duke and some trees are bending down hanging over the roadway blocking some of the roads because of the heavy wet snow.  They actually had one of the roads near Duke closed down.

Light snow continues, but it seems like it may be starting to taper off.

1 minute ago, Snownado said:

Its just kinda silly honestly. It's totally illogical and irrational. Snow makes southerners lose their minds.

So putting children's lives in danger due to icy roads is okay?(this is a rhetorical question)  This is an obs thread, and unless you have a weather observation to add, read more and post less  ;)