• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

strongwxnc

Just got back from another Jeb Walk.  Mixed feelings.  On one hand, the snow falling is beautiful as is the snow in the trees and the grass.  On the other hand, the wet/slushy streets are not so much, and having to jump around and dodge huge puddles of water like you’re out there in a torrential downpour takes you out of the wintry spirit a bit.  This storm reminds me a lot of the January 2013 ULL in GSO.  It was also a warm storm with temperatures never falling below freezing.  Our 3.5” from that one had limited impact on the roads.  I don’t have a thermometer, but I’m guessing the temperature is 32-33 given there was still a lot of running water and I saw no icicles.  Another couple degrees colder would’ve helped a lot.

The side roads which were under shade this afternoon are actually kind of slushy, though, so driving conditions may be a little dicey.

Just now, PackGrad05 said:

Based on RadarScope, the Raleigh area still has at least a couple hours of precip left..  You have to use Precipitation Depiction mode to really pick up the light snow bands..  It also appears to be backfilling a little near the triad.

I just noticed that too. It looked like half an hour ago that it had passed Winston and now it’s back built.

Had to drive from NE Durham down to work right near RDU for a power outage related emergency (off Page rd). Do not recommend. Traffic lights were at least working all the way there, but rotten visibility. 

82BE2326-6570-481F-A17E-68A943BA4F67.jpeg

Back home now, flakes still falling but it sounds like rain in there too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thess said:

Had to drive from NE Durham down to work right near RDU for a power outage related emergency (off Page rd). Do not recommend. Traffic lights were at least working all the way there, but rotten visibility. 

82BE2326-6570-481F-A17E-68A943BA4F67.jpeg

I live close to there. We've had off/on power flashes for the past few hours. Probably got 2.5 inches. Maybe 3. Very very wet snow.

• Like 1

Welp.. it ended here a little while back and just glad to whiten up the ground some.  It was what I suspected it would be - a very wet slush.  The lack of HP over the northeast was enough of a clue.  Regardless, it was a nice little respite to the afternoon.  Here's to a March surprise! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, jpbart said:

Well we have sleet in Chapin, SC just west of Cola.  Likely the best I am going to see this winter.  :rolleyes:

^^^^^ Here's the post  :)  

2 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Close to Winnsboro as well. I want to break that damned streak.

:lol:     I've lived through worse winter droughts while there   :P