• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

strongwxnc

Just took a great walk with the wife and dogs. Snow has gotten lighter, drier, and finer. Not snowing hard enough currently to keep up with melting at the moment. Wind starting to whip. I'd say we've gotten a half inch on the most elevated surfaces. Doubt we see any additional accumulation at this rate.

1 minute ago, NCsandhills said:

Are you??? I'm off Wake Forest @ Navaho. Maaaaaaaaybe 0.25-0.50" here. Maybe. Very light snow for the past hour. Although, I think now I would categorize as "light snow" rather than "very light snow"

Still light snow here. CJ has the whole on air staff talking about wraparound now!!! Says that slop in NETN, is going to give us an inch!??

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Still light snow here. CJ has the whole on air staff talking about wraparound now!!! Says that slop in NETN, is going to give us an inch!??

Lots of reports from Ral in this thread of heavy snow and folks saying almost an inch and I'm just like ????? Am I in literally the worst spot? It's barely snowing here in the heart of Raleigh and certainly not sticking to pavement, although it is sticking to cars, roofs and grass it is nowhere near an inch. Not in my neighborhood lol. I'll take my measuring tape out in 30 mins after dinner is going. My garbage cans have been out all day so the tops should roughly reflect how much snow has accumulated on cold surfaces.

5 minutes ago, NCsandhills said:

Lots of reports from Ral in this thread of heavy snow and folks saying almost an inch and I'm just like ????? Am I in literally the worst spot? It's barely snowing here in the heart of Raleigh and certainly not sticking to pavement, although it is sticking to cars, roofs and grass it is nowhere near an inch. Not in my neighborhood lol. I'll take my measuring tape out in 30 mins after dinner is going. My garbage cans have been out all day so the tops should roughly reflect how much snow has accumulated on cold surfaces.

That ain't happening

Just measured exactly 3" out back here north of Kernersville, NC. Started snowing here about 2 this afternoon...Never had any rain. Picture is from my back yard at 3:45 this afternoon, a little more than an hour and a half after light fine flurries started followed by a medium steady snow.

20200220_154333-01.jpeg

• Like 3