Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

strongwxnc

6 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yes, it’s the biggest district in the state! TR and Tigerville get Greenville county a lot of snow days! Still snowing here quarte sized to half dollars now. Getting breezy

so we need to move north of 85 if we ever want appreciable snow. Got it. 

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Always! I’ve seen numerous times TR has 4-5” on the ground and I’ve got rain! December’18 , perfect example

This won't be one of those storms because I'm well north of 85 and although its been snowing since around 1pm.

It will cover things with a dusting once intensity goes down then the lil that accumulates melts.

I had more accumulation with the late Jan and early Feb events.

Just took a nice Jeb Walk.  Moderate snow continues. The sidewalks are kind of slushy, but by and large the streets are just wet.  A little frustrating as I’m a street sticking weenie, but the warmish 2m temps and warm soil/pavement temps aren’t helping that.  The impending darkness should turn them into a white carpet soon, however.

• Like 4

Just took a nice Jeb Walk.  Moderate snow continues. The sidewalks are kind of slushy, but by and large the streets are just wet.  A little frustrating as I’m a street sticking weenie, but the warmish 2m temps and warm soil/pavement temps aren’t helping that.  The impending darkness should turn them into a white carpet soon, however.

Enjoy man those Jeb walks... still hoping for one this year!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Congrats!  Haven't had a good Jeb walk since Jan '17.  Definitely an experience to savor.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Always! I’ve seen numerous times TR has 4-5” on the ground and I’ve got rain! December’18 , perfect example

Happened to me. Furman was in the football playoffs. Jeav6 snow started falling...was a near blizzard at times. 6” fell during the game. Cherrydale is less than 2 miles from Furman, same elevation. Not even a trace.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Looks like Wake only has about another 1-2 hours of snow before the back edge is here.  They were predicting 11-12 for the cutoff.  Am I missing something?

Per RAL just now will end around midnight in Wake and be at 31 by 9-10pm so that's good

2 minutes ago, gman said:

Chris Justice is talking about the pivot too, hitting the Greenville area sometime between 7:00 - 10:00. Do the models show the pivot? 

He won’t even mention the S word, now he brings up this unicorn obsurdity!?? Let me tell you about coastals and western upstate.....

it don’t, ever

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I'm at 32. I doubt that's accurate. Roads covered now. IDK where the other North Hills report came from but we're much more than that...

Are you??? I'm off Wake Forest @ Navaho. Maaaaaaaaybe 0.25-0.50" here. Maybe. Very light snow for the past hour. Although, I think now I would categorize as "light snow" rather than "very light snow"