Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

strongwxnc

1 minute ago, chris624wx said:

I think I'm getting some flakes mixing in with rain here near ODU in Norfolk! 

I'm on the south side of the Dismal Swamp in pasquotank North Carolina. Definitely blobs of white missiles mixing in during the heaviest bursts Had more snow in Gates County a little while ago.

10 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Heaviest rates yet. 34.9 and refusing to drop, still melting on contact. Rates causing elevated surfaces to slush up a bit. 

I've seen some weird stuff happen up there when you would think it would be a slam dunk. I'm assuming it's because of the low level warmth sort of being blocked from being scoured out even with a ne flow because of the mountains and the cooling is purely precip driven.  Indeed you can see the stubborn low level warmth on the 925 to 975mb levels..which are actually colder to the south and east as the day goes on.

A lot just plain heavy rain here currently. I would expect i might get some to mix in by 4pm as the low levels cool even more with ne flow with an ok chance of a full turnover by 0z before ending...unless that band in sc is able to hold on longer and/or this band of heavy precip cools that mid level warm nose a little faster than expected. Don't expect any accumulation since it won't last long even if it does happen but i  hope i at least see a little fall.