Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

strongwxnc

6 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Can confirm mostly snow/Sleet here now. White rain at this point though, surface temps not budging much for now. Believe it's cause I'm around the elevation of the 925 layer and there was a warm bubble that surged north at that level over North GA this morning. 

Surface temps can be tricky with elevation in your area depending on the wind direction. If you are on a west facing slope you will get some downslope warming from the strong 925mb northeasterly flow.

Conversely, if you're on an east face slope at the same elevation, you will be several degrees cooler with that flow.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tony Sisk said:

Temp in Greenville, SC has dropped 3 degrees in the last hour. Need to get to about 36 to see snow. At least 36 is the magic number so far for other locations. Currently 38 where I sit.

Really seeing the effects of the warm nose here. Everybody to my east and north saw sleet in the mid 40s, I had to wait till my 2m temp reached 38 to see any. Going to be tough to take if places like Cola see accumulation tonight and I can't get any here.

Just now, BullCityWx said:

I think it's a good sign. More evaporational cooling.

I agree on the DP front. Just ready to see appreciable precip blossoming as the coastal takes over and we start to see some moisture transport. At work in Garner I can confirm that light rain has started. No flurries or sleet pellets here. Not sure the temp