• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NAM vs the Euro cage match storm, Feb 20 - 21

Holston_River_Rambler

Crossville reported heavy snow with 1/4th mile vis with the band that just moved through there, explains your situation Shocker!

Enhanced area is about to move over me it looks like. 

Odd ob to me is rain and 34 in Middlesboro, Kentucky. Surprised they got any rain from this. I never saw anything but pure snow from the first flake. Not even drizzle or a sleet pellet. Just a few flurries and then goosefeathers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Crossville reported heavy snow with 1/4th mile vis with the band that just moved through there, explains your situation Shocker!

Enhanced area is about to move over me it looks like. 

Odd ob to me is rain and 34 in Middlesboro, Kentucky. Surprised they got any rain from this. I never saw anything but pure snow from the first flake. Not even drizzle or a sleet pellet. Just a few flurries and then goosefeathers.

Same all snow here. Our truck driver is driving back from Cincy right now though and said in Williamsburg it was doing nothing at all. So I warned him to be careful going down 75 through Jellico/LaFollette etc because of snow on the interstate. Looks like he will be having a slow go the rest of his trip.

Appears the leading edge of more backed (northerly) winds shows up on radar. Reflectivty is on a previous page. Here's Correlation Coefficient CC out of Hytop. I've highlighted the same feature.

Changeover aloft is noted well south of Chattanooga. Believe that's where the warm air about 800mb dynamically cooled. Surface changeover is highlighted again. Snow in Florence AL, up on Signal Mountain TN, and now dropping down south of Knoxville. Behind that line the CC is even more solid pink (more correlated all snow). 

Athens and Sweetwater may be the end of the south-ward march along I-75. Points south toward Chattanooga are at a lower elevation. Southeast Tenn will require a miracle (as usual). North winds must work hard to advect low-level cold; dew is too high. Requires heavy precip at the same time. LOL KCHA up a degree as I type.

R-S-2.PNG.76c89228f9924d3660b158eec702809e.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic