• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NAM vs the Euro cage match storm, Feb 20 - 21

Holston_River_Rambler

I think this is going to be interesting... Dewpoints around the valley are intriguing. My dewpoint currently is 29, most locations from a line from Dayton to Athens and north are around or below freezing except nearest to the Eastern mountains and far southern valley where dewPoints are in the mid to upper 30's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tnwxwatcher said:

Wonder what our chances of staying semi-clear for a while are through the night to get some of that good radiational cooling?

Then I wonder about evaporative cooling at the onset of the precip or will any of that play any factor in this current upcoming scenario?

Looks like clouds are racing back in, even up here on the plateau. 18z NAM, unless I'm reading it incorrectly, basically shows evaporational/ wet bulb cooling. Still 46 - 47 up here. 

31 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

I think this is going to be interesting... Dewpoints around the valley are intriguing. My dewpoint currently is 29, most locations from a line from Dayton to Athens and north are around or below freezing except nearest to the Eastern mountains and far southern valley where dewPoints are in the mid to upper 30's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dew points starting to crash here along the southern foothills..I agree, if the DP can get down around ~25 (no waa with system) plus radiational cooling and the inverted trof (may aide rates)..there's slot of uncertainty if the models are right about the temps..some leeway to go colder imo.

PWS in Loudon showing the DP crash moving down the valley 

20200219_175632.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is going to sound a little crazy, but now that you mention it, I can actually feel the drier air on my skin. Just went for a run at Frozen head, up to ~2000 feet and man the blue sky to the NE was blue, like it normally is when the air is really dry:

IMG_0781

Still that chilly NE wind blowing down the stream

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic