• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NAM vs the Euro cage match storm, Feb 20 - 21

Holston_River_Rambler

[mention=2545]nrgjeff[/mention], do we still like the WRF ARW?  That was a pretty big improvement at 12z for most folks south of I-40 and much of E TN...

FYI... the day of the SE Tennessee snow last Saturday the WRF was the only mod showing snow up to Knoxville. All 3 of those on pivotal made the jump to the NAM/Euro for tomorrow’s system

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PowellVolz said:

FYI... the day of the SE Tennessee snow last Saturday the WRF was the only mod showing snow up to Knoxville. All 3 of those on pivotal made the jump to the NAM/Euro for tomorrow’s system

Yeah, I think Jeff likes to use that model.  I just can't remember which circumstances.  It really moved northwest at 12z.  Looks like the Euro.

• Like 1

And the Euro is All Snow baby! Picks up on isentropic lift, though such charts are not available. However one can deduce it from 700 mb which finally shows WAA but steady/falling temps at 700 mb. As MRX says we will be under the right rear/entrance of the jet max. That's ideal in winter if the moisture is available. Soundings are saturated through a deep DGZ.

Oh it's the ARW version of the WRF I sometimes like. NAM is still my most used, simply because more charts at more levels are available. So my head says a dusting for KCHA but my heart is now thinking 2 inches could happen. Probably improves north and east from here, assuming the precipitation shield makes it. Plateu and now parts of Middle Tennessee also look good.

Less than 24 hours away. Mahomes Magic time!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Really curious to see if MRX starts issuing advisories or just goes with their whole "Sun Angle" obsession.  While I understand that does play a part, from my experience even in mid March I've seen snow accumulate on roads.

I think they go WWA for everyone except Knoxville south Down I-40 and Warnings for the mountains

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic