Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19th CNE/NNE Storm Thread

dryslot

6 hours ago, MarkO said:

Had to leave Thornton at 4:30 for a selectman's meeting in Pelham. Literally said one word, then drove back. 4.5 hrs of shti. Snow and 24F from Thornton to about mm 45, then it started to creep up until I reached 35 in Pelham and rain. Similar conditions on the way back. Seemed to remain all snow north of mm 60. 26.4F for a high, 9.1 for a low. Measuring 6.5".

On another note, finally got my Davis Weatherlink. Is there any way to post to Weatherunderground without paying a monthly fee?

I pay zero??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkO said:

Had to leave Thornton at 4:30 for a selectman's meeting in Pelham. Literally said one word, then drove back. 4.5 hrs of shti. Snow and 24F from Thornton to about mm 45, then it started to creep up until I reached 35 in Pelham and rain. Similar conditions on the way back. Seemed to remain all snow north of mm 60. 26.4F for a high, 9.1 for a low. Measuring 6.5".

On another note, finally got my Davis Weatherlink. Is there any way to post to Weatherunderground without paying a monthly fee?

Wunderground was always free if you upload data. 

Some solid squalls moving through up here.

Heaviest snow of the event, ha.

...A SNOW SQUALL WILL AFFECT THE I-89 CORRIDOR FROM BURLINGTON TO
WATERBURY THROUGH 9 AM..

At 744 AM EST...A snow squall was over South Burlington and Essex
Junction...moving southeast at 20 mph.

Locations impacted include...
Essex Junction, South Burlington, Burlington International Airport,
Burlington, Winooski, Stowe, Waterbury Village, Westford, Waitsfield,
Fayston, Colchester, Essex Junction Village, Williston, Bolton,
Richmond, Underhill, Jericho, Hinesburg, Waterbury, St. George and
Huntington.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tighten up that range ;).  

Well I have seen it first hand. Jordan bowl most west peak will get 25 % more snow than the base of White cap. I see a report of 11.5 in NE Oxford County and 7.5 in Bethel which fits what I just said. Any rate powder geeks loving it as they are fully open 

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well I have seen it first hand. Jordan bowl most west peak will get 25 % more snow than the base of White cap. I see a report of 11.5 in NE Oxford County and 7.5 in Bethel which fits what I just said. Any rate powder geeks loving it as they are fully open 

Last two times I've been to SR, we keep missing the good stuff. Last Fri was decent, but scraped off/boilerplate by late morning.

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah there’s always a noticeable difference between those two spots. Jordan and Oz always seem to have more then White Cap and Locke/Barker. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Sucks about the wind today as it looks like lots of wind holds

I’m tempted to take a day off work in a couple weeks and do a day trip to SR. Esp if they add on more snow between now and then which looks likely. 

This is reminding me a little of 96-97...not much snow down here but when we went up to SR it was massive pack. Trending that way again. Maybe SNE gets the 1997 finale again. :lol:

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I’m tempted to take a day off work in a couple weeks and do a day trip to SR. Esp if they add on more snow between now and then which looks likely. 

This is reminding me a little of 96-97...not much snow down here but when we went up to SR it was massive pack. Trending that way again. Maybe SNE gets the 1997 finale again. :lol:

Yea I would say looking at everything this morning March is going to be  pretty sweet up there. This time of year really hurts me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Must of picked another .5" when i went to bed, 6.5" total for the event, Easy cleanup this morning.

That would put your total 1.1" ahead of mine, with Raymond leading the pack.  :lol:  
Had 5.5" total with 0.46" LE, the initial 4" about 10:1 and the final (after 9 PM) 1.5" about 20:1.  Now 21" at the stake, 18th winter of 22 reaching the 20" mark.

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Will you never be able to do even easier terrain?

I was told I risk paralysis from even a simple fall it's that bad. It is what it is Dave, I had my day, zero regrets,  left it all on the table for 50 plus years. From 8 years old at ski camp in the Berks getting my gloves ripped from a tow rope to hitting un marked woods at Berkshire Basin at 13  to hundreds of days at literally every NE ski area its been the balls. Enjoy it while you can and go hit some big hills in March

• Like 1
  • Sad 3