Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19th CNE/NNE Storm Thread

dryslot

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'll step to the plate, Model have been consistent on bringing snow away from the coast in CNE/NNE in the 3-5/4-6" range on a SWFE, Lets see if it performs as modeled this time.

Hope so.  The last one saw 0.4" qpf verify with 0.04".  Forecasts for that one began lowering expectations about 36 hours out while this one's remained pretty consistent.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Hope so.  The last one saw 0.4" qpf verify with 0.04".  Forecasts for that one began lowering expectations about 36 hours out while this one's remained pretty consistent.

Yes, The last one was going the wrong way, I will say, This one has remained consistent, And were only 24 hrs out now, So we shall see, But anything at all won't hurt.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No love for your hippies in Vermont?!

Funny I just dropped my daughter off at the bus station at south station for her ride back to Burlington.  Spring like day in Boston but certainly mid winter conditions up north.   Spring break is the week of 3/9 and I think I may head up to pick her up....drive up Thursday afternoon the 5th...take her to dinner  and pick her up after classes on the 6th.   Get a dose of winter.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

GYX doesn't like to split Merrimack County in the forecast, though they should in this case at least in terms of a WWA.  Hookset will be very different than Salisbury and Andover in thiis little event.

Threat should be pinned. Lots of people up there on vacation. Good look this week for winter fun

59 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

GYX doesn't like to split Merrimack County in the forecast, though they should in this case at least in terms of a WWA.  Hookset will be very different than Salisbury and Andover in thiis little event.

We can’t split counties based on events, they are preset based on local agreements between the NWS and municipalities.

Merrimack isn’t a county with splits (but we forecasters overwhelmingly wish it did - not right on 93 but maybe like route 127).

• Like 1

Just now, OceanStWx said:

We can’t split counties based on events, they are preset based on local agreements between the NWS and municipalities.

Merrimack isn’t a county with splits (but we forecasters overwhelmingly wish it did - not right on 93 but maybe like route 127).

Yup I am about 1 mile from 127 and 300 feet higher than 93 on the river.  Often the snow level or where it starts sticking is midway between 93 and 127. Salisbury Andover won't likely change over to liquid but CON might.  I'm halfway between.

55 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Early HRRR looks...

Showing some severe SE flow downsloping west of the Green Mtn Spine and NW of the Whites.

hrrr-conus-vt-total_snow_10to1-2092000.thumb.png.78bc2a38b92d82399e896ea5bfbb5a4d.png

Yep, going to be a windy one here for sure on the western slopes. Not expecting much, maybe inch or two. HRRR and 3k NAM always show that min up near HIE(maybe just NW of there?)every single SE wind event. Literally always like 0 or .1" It cant be that extreme of a downslope?

3 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

The Euro would suggest including Merrimack in the advisory should other guidance corraborate.