• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
One More Shot: Feb 20-21 Event

Tar Heel Snow

Apps lee-side screw-zone in full effect!  I would think if the precipitation truly blossoms that it would fill back in further NW, but maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Can’t tell you how many times the modeled downsloping for the NC foothills never came to fruition in these types of setups. It never fails that it’s modeled but I don’t remember many instances where it actually happened to the NC foothills

Just now, HKY_WX said:

The lee side screw zone is normally confined to that area of NW Burke/Caldwell counties. Just east Blowing Rock as you descend. Normally it doesn't impact Lenoir towards Hickory from my experiences back home.

The only time I have seen a dramatic leeside minimum was the March 2008 upper level low. Other times it is often overdone on the modeling. 

1 minute ago, HKY_WX said:

The lee side screw zone is normally confined to that area of NW Burke/Caldwell counties. Just east Blowing Rock as you descend. Normally it doesn't impact Lenoir towards Hickory from my experiences back home.

yup.. just a sliver in that particular area..  trying to recall that storm several years back where it showed up clear as day on the map.