• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 13 threat

ORH_wxman

The snow is plow-able this morning, and it looks beautiful but oddly resembles a Spring like snow that we are not supposed to get this time of year.  Anyways the totals are still being accumulated which this system would have deserved its own thread if not for the fact that none of New England got affected by this good surprise of a system.  It's good to see plow drivers getting some love in their pocket books.

Here is the latest 6Z New England view from the GFS of the system of discussion:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_6.png

55 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Models still showing this ribbon of better lift to the north.  Almost like there could be a gap somewhere between two areas of better forcing. 

EURO

D5E2EB50-0DD9-4140-AACA-27920AF1A11F.thumb.png.07cc12e709f152119037934ff32e678e.png

NAM

B2953888-2745-4B3D-96E5-E07990F9BB0D.thumb.png.564f13861e7ae6e9a929e760ffadeb9f.png

It must be why Windsor County got left off the WWA for this (for now)

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Regarding weenie maps ...ukmet got better for CT and worse for NE mass (BL issues?) doesn’t really appear to be

euro got better for Pike to S NH/S Vt crowd

HREF is basically a repeat of the last one. So Mitch 4 to 6 plus upslope, Hippy GC Warrior  3 to 5 NW CT 2 to 3 NE CT 1 to 2 ORH 2 Hunchie SNH 3 to 4 Dendrite Gene Jeff 4 to 6 VT elevation crew 4 to 6 with upslope. Well below zero day up north . Excellent skiing weekend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

HREF is basically a repeat of the last one. So Mitch 4 to 6 plus upslope, Hippy GC Warrior  3 to 5 NW CT 2 to 3 NE CT 1 to 2 ORH 2 Hunchie SNH 3 to 4 Dendrite Gene Jeff 4 to 6 VT elevation crew 4 to 6 with upslope. Well below zero day up north . Excellent skiing weekend.

Last one Was SW upslope flow where I saw an inch and western areas got a relative spanking 

I’ll peak at the HREF

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

NE CT had none last one

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think most of Rockingham co. is fine. Maybe PSM gets a little mucky. It’s coming in before sunrise so 31-33° will still accum. It’s not October. 

Oh it will accum, I just think the qpf and snow maps are overstating impacts broadly. In SNE and sea coast NH, I would go less than 10:1 overnight and thinking melting will largely offset what falls during the day.  I don’t think the slight warming trend is over either...

You’re in a great spot though. 

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea I don't see the Popes point for you guys 

download (20).png

download (21).png

download (22).png

download (23).png

That actually illustrates my point quite well. 31-35  for most of SNE and Eastern half of rockingham and Stratford counties in NH. Northfield will do well, I agree with that. 

I’m expecting a tick warmer today on guidance.