Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 12-13 Snowstorm

Snowstorms

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Dropped 3.1" here. I'm hoping to tack on some bonus stat padding tenths with that lake enhanced stuff that will blowing through here shortly. Looks like pretty widespread 2-4" totals, which I would call a bit of an underproducer for a lot of areas. Hoosier was right about the Euro totals along I-70. Up until radar watching time, it was spitting out ridiculous amounts through Central IL, IN, and OH. Worst model lol

I have a feeling that Ryan, Tim, and Jack all beat me, albeit by a few tenths.

Well almost 20 tenths lol, ended up with 5 here so I busted low by an inch (like anyone believed my call including me :whistle:)  We could've hit 6 but had a couple hours of freezing drizzle before it flipped back to -SN and whiffed on the front and any tickler from the lake.  The bookshelf is full now for this season around here and we matched Halloween to keep them all in place.  New shelf for any new books to come.  At least this is gonna be around for a few days.  Glad to see most everyone got something. :D

• Like 3

One thing to note and I was surprised.  Within 36-24 hours most of the models had a NW/SE nearly 50% +/- in total snowfall right over the extreme NW part of the county.  I drove 2 miles S today and totals dropped off noticeably.  From about my area NW into Tipton and SW Howard county the totals were higher just as the models forecast, especially the NAM the Canuk and the ARW.  Euro totals were obviously overdone and had no bearing on my fantasy call.  But I am surprised at how accurately the models forecast totals over my area.   Some of them got the math right at least locally.

• Like 1

Finished with exactly 2.0" here. Up to 30.5" on the season. DTW with 2.1", 30.7" on the season. Definitely a bit of a low bust, but one whose writing was on the wall before the snow even began. This one was weird in that the snow did not stick much to the pavement as temperatures were near freezing, so it blanketed everything, giving even dirty old snowbanks a fresh velvety look, but wetting the pavement. Then as soon as the snow ended temps plummeted, causing black ice everywhere.

84156973_10112762951275153_2189215796515

• Like 2

Finished with 2.8” here. Total for the month is 11.5”, and the season total is 36.2”. There was a period of higher ratio SN this morning that really helped inflate the total. Once again, marginal temperatures and the fluffy nature allowed for decent melting and compaction. Most of this 11.5” has come within a week, and there certainly isn’t the snow depth to show for it. Here’s a few scenes from this morning when the snow was at the end of its best rates

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, MIstorm97 said:

Finished with 2.8” here. Total for the month is 11.5”, and the season total is 36.2”. There was a period of higher ratio SN this morning that really helped inflate the total. Once again, marginal temperatures and the fluffy nature allowed for decent melting and compaction. Most of this 11.5” has come within a week, and there certainly isn’t the snow depth to show for it. Here’s a few scenes from this morning when the snow was at the end of its best rates

February still only the 3rd snowiest month of the season imby, but they are close.

Oct- T

Nov- 9.1"

Dec- 2.6"

Jan- 10.0"

Feb- 8.8" midway thru

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

February still only the 3rd snowiest month of the season imby, but they are close.

Oct- T

Nov- 9.1"

Dec- 2.6"

Jan- 10.0"

Feb- 8.8" midway thru

November still holds the top spot for me, but after this week that may change. Got two 1” snowfalls in November plus the Veteran’s Day storm, so that’s how I got to basically a foot. Always interesting to see the differences over relatively short distances. For the past few years that I’ve taken detailed measurements, I’ve been consistently a few inches above what DTW gets. 

Seasonal Total: 36.2”

Oct: T

Nov: 11.9”

Dec: 3.6”

Jan: 9.2”

Feb: 11.5” - through 2/14

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1